Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA-LIM Lima award travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

USA-LIM Lima award travel

Hello...I suspect this has been discussed often, but I didn't find it.

I am looking for but failing to find J awards from MIA or DFW to LIM, on LAN if possible and AA if necessary. (Mostly I'm using ba.com to search.) There's nothing at all 331 days out, other than AAnytime awards.

Is there a known cycle for awards to be released on LAN? There was some issue with non-availability on LAN a few years ago; is that still the case? Is AA award release on these routes predictable?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Hello...I suspect this has been discussed often, but I didn't find it.

I am looking for but failing to find J awards from MIA or DFW to LIM, on LAN if possible and AA if necessary. (Mostly I'm using ba.com to search.) There's nothing at all 331 days out, other than AAnytime awards.

Is there a known cycle for awards to be released on LAN? There was some issue with non-availability on LAN a few years ago; is that still the case? Is AA award release on these routes predictable?
LAN does not flight from DFW.

Options are:
MIA-LIM (AA or LAN)
DFW-LIM (AA)
MCO-LIM (LAN)
LAX-LIM (LAN)

I have not been able to find a "pattern" for how LAN releases award inventory FOR AA. I just CALL UP AA often to find out. The phone agent inventory info is more accurate than BA's or anybody else and it does not take a long time to have the agent poke through a two weeks range. I realized that "doing my homework" particularly for LAN by checking availability on BA or QF websites is a WASTE of time, since when you call AA what you found on those sites does not show up on AA's system. Go figure why.

I have found LAN award seats for high demand dates like around Xmas with just a few months in advance.

I think it is really random and you just have to try again and again for months.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the comments. I didn't intend to suggest that LAN flies out of DFW, but my post was ambiguous.

On the other hand, LAN does not fly out of MCO according to their web page. Would be nice if they did.

Calling AA repeatedly won't work for me. But I will set a search on wandr.me and hope that when it triggers, AA will be able to see it.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
LAN does not fly out of MCO
It is a new route that starts in June 2015.
On a tiny Airbus and no business though.

http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/...nonstop-flight
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:27 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

I noticed this as well searching MIA - LIM on LAN 300 - 331 days out the other day....not a single available award seat (J or Y). Whether award availability exists and isn't accurately reflected on ba.com I don't know, but I would be curious to see if anyone wants to call!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Thanks for the comments. I didn't intend to suggest that LAN flies out of DFW, but my post was ambiguous.

On the other hand, LAN does not fly out of MCO according to their web page. Would be nice if they did.

Calling AA repeatedly won't work for me. But I will set a search on wandr.me and hope that when it triggers, AA will be able to see it.
I wouldn't count on it... What gets released to BA (or other carriers) may not be released to AA. Until AA.com starts showing what's in their inventory a phone call will be needed.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
I did have luck on LAX-LIM on LAN 331 days out for 2 J award tickets (so U class, actually). However, I had to call as they were booked as partner awards. I booked the outbound and the return separately as one ways so I could get them at 331 days out.

That route's the 787-900 as of now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.