Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club AMEX plat.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Admirals Club AMEX plat.

Will my AMEX Platinum get me into the Admirals club in chicago ? Amex website list it as included but can't see it on the Admirals web site.

thak you
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I don't know the answer to your question, but there are 3 Admirals Clubs in ORD (one flagship lounge, one in the middle of the AA gates, and one near the Eagle gates).

I think all of them are owned/operated by AA (Chicago being an AA hub), so I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't have access.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Yes, it will. To the ACs, not the Flagship.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

thanks... got a three hour layover. It would be nice
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL MM, Hyatt Glob (LT), Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold (LT)
Originally Posted by kennyg1966
Will my AMEX Platinum get me into the Admirals club in chicago ? Amex website list it as included but can't see it on the Admirals web site.

thak you
Yes, as long as you have a boarding pass for same-day travel (on AA) and valid ID.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Just remember that wifi is not included.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Just a small correction to one of the posts above...

There are two Admirals Clubs at ORD, and one Flagship Lounge. The AmEx Platinum card will get you into either of the Admirals Clubs, but not into the Flagship Lounge. Wireless Internet access is not usually provided to those who access the Admirals Clubs with the AmEx Platinum card, but you can sometimes get them to give you a code. Regardless, you can use the computers in the lounge to go online.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AA GLD, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Just a small correction to one of the posts above...

There are two Admirals Clubs at ORD, and one Flagship Lounge. The AmEx Platinum card will get you into either of the Admirals Clubs, but not into the Flagship Lounge. Wireless Internet access is not usually provided to those who access the Admirals Clubs with the AmEx Platinum card, but you can sometimes get them to give you a code. Regardless, you can use the computers in the lounge to go online.
Would a normal AC membership give access to the FL, or is that strictly based on AA status and/or the class of service (International F/J)?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by LGAoverJFK
Would a normal AC membership give access to the FL, or is that strictly based on AA status and/or the class of service (International F/J)?
The latter is correct. You can find access rules here.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA GLD, SPG GLD
Thanks for the link. So it looks like you don't get anything "extra" from having status and being an AC member... too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.