Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Embraer E-175 / E175 discussion, seating, power, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Embraer E-175 / E175 discussion, seating, power, etc.

12F 64M configuration operated by Envoy Air and Republic Airlines (20 MCE)

Link to Envoy Air fleet listing on unofficial AA Fleet Site

Link to Republic Airlines fleet listing on unofficial AA Fleet Site

Originally Posted by ldonnelly
If the reg is N---HQ, those are the older Republic ones. If the reg is N---NN or N---YX, they're the newer aircraft (operated by Envoy and Republic, respectively).

You can also kinda tell by the winglets. If it has the standard vertical winglet, it's an older N---HQ aircraft (or an earlier N---YX aircraft). If it has the large winglets attached at a 45-degree angle, it's a newer N---NN aircraft (or a more recent N---YX aircraft).

For those who don't know:
NN=Envoy (some formerly Compass)
HQ and YX=Republic
​​​​​​​

Rendering by Prospero

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 23, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines

Took one to MTY last night. Was shocked to see a power outlet on the seat.

Headed back to DFW now. This 175 doesn’t have one but regardless I think the 175 is underrated plane. F on the A side is great and the bins take rollers long ways.

love this plane. They should replace every godforsaken 319 with these.
hbtr, jhalapin and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Last edited by enviroian; Jan 23, 2021 at 4:41 pm
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Some of the E175s have power. I forget which operator has them.

The E175 is an excellent short/medium hop plane, even in Y. I never understood people complaining that mainline flights were going to Eagle. The E175 beats out the 738, a319, a320 and a321 for comfort.
wrp96, GrumpyYoungMan and Spanish like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I’m flying on Envoy today. Great crew as always.

what other regionals operate the 175 DBA Eagle?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
Some of the E175s have power. I forget which operator has them.

The E175 is an excellent short/medium hop plane, even in Y. I never understood people complaining that mainline flights were going to Eagle. The E175 beats out the 738, a319, a320 and a321 for comfort.
agreed with the possible exception of the Y A/F seat on the 321 that has no seat in front of it (row 25?)
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by enviroian
And I’m flying on Envoy today. Great crew as always.

what other regionals operate the 175 DBA Eagle?
Republic, and later this year, SkyWest. IIRC, Republic has their own frames, but have started to receive some that were sourced from AA. IIRC, SkyWest is sourcing their own frames for the LAX ops.

I agree that an E175 -in general- is better than the narrowbodies in AAs fleet, and agree with emphasis that the Envoy crews, on average are better than mainline AA. Outliers in both directions, sure, but on average, give me an MQ crew.

Before COVID shut me down, I started taking multi-leg trips across the Southeast to get on regional metal and avoid the AA mainline cattle cars. Especially on DFW <>CLT.
enviroian, wrp96 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Seat 1A on an E175 is the best first class/business class AA seat on a single aisle plane other than the 321T's.

The E175 also has a good first class / coach ratio, so my upgrade percentage is close to 100%
Old Jan 23, 2021, 2:24 pm

My experience from a week ago...

la2clt and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
Seat 1A on an E175 is the best first class/business class AA seat on a single aisle plane other than the 321T's.

The E175 also has a good first class / coach ratio, so my upgrade percentage is close to 100%
Personally i prefer 2A, so i can put my laptop/backpack under the seat instead of in the bins. But agree that E75 beats A319 any day of the week.
KBMIFlyer, wrp96, hbtr and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Main cabin extra in the 175 might be the most comfortable coach experience in the domestic fleet. Older variants of 738 and A32X are similar, but anything that's been Oasised is much less comfortable. In November I flew MRY-DFW in MCE and it was awesome. I was trying to conserve stickers at that time, so I did not request an upgrade. Anytime I am trying to conserve stickers, I try to book a flight on the e175 and get in main cabin extra. Of course, during covid-19, my first choice would always be the international widebodies, because I can get in premium economy for free.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:22 pm

2 problems-

Lack of hot meals (small problem especially now)

Eagle remote terminal at LAX - bigger problem due to the added distance and wasted time (often 15+ minutes each way)

Otherwise I agree, 1A is my absolute favorite for space and privacy.
yankeezulu and hbtr like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL, UA, bonvoy
Love the 175s, first or coach. At least for coach, definitely better than the mainline narrow bodies. Main problem out of LAX is having to take Mr Toad's Wild Ride out to the Eagles Nest. Generally had great Compass crews out of there as well before they went bye-bye.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
Took one to MTY last night. Was shocked to see a power outlet on the seat.

Headed back to DFW now. This 175 doesn’t but regardless I think the 175 is underrated plane. F on the A side is great and the bins take rollers long ways.

love this plane. They should replace every godforsaken 319 with these.
My only disagreement with this post is the statement that the E-175 is underrated. I certainly think that the E-175 series is the most comfortable domestic-configured narrowbody in service today in either coach or first (on all airlines), and I think most posters here at least broadly agree. The only major drawback is that it can’t fly all missions. (And is there an oven in F? I don’t know, but I’d there isn’t, that’s a drawback to the chosen configuration, not the plane.)

Of course, that’s from the passengers’ point of view. Economics for the airline are a different consideration that I only indirectly care about! Shame the E-190 didn’t catch on for a variety of reasons.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by B-HQC
Eagle remote terminal at LAX - bigger problem due to the added distance and wasted time (often 15+ minutes each way)
A few months ago, they were operating a lot of their E175 flights (at least to/from SFO) out of T4/T5, but looks like they are mostly back to the remote terminal now.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No eagle's nest at DFW thank god so if you're a DFW based traveler or connecting through it getting on one it easy.

Yep no ovens....

What is the biggest competitor to this plane--the A220?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.