Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DCA / Washington Reagan National Airport Terminal B Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

DCA / Washington Reagan National Airport Terminal B Mezzanine Level Admirals Club

Link to DCA information on aa.com.

Link to DCA web site

Location: The Washington Reagan National Airport Admirals Club is in "Terminal B, Mezzanine level, after security." (aa.com)

Hours: Please see here for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Food For Purchase
  • Personal Computers with Internet Connection
Print Wikipost

DCA / Washington Reagan National Airport Terminal B Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

DCA / Washington Reagan National Airport Terminal B Mezzanine Level Admirals Club

ORIGINAL POST:

Has anyone been to the DCA Admirals Club since it reopened? I couldn't find anything at AA.com (although it's only September 12). Any reports or photos? Hopefully all of the AAngels are still there!

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 30, 2015 at 2:46 pm Reason: Frame post - old post for use
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA: EXP(3MM), Hilton: Diamond, SPG: Gold
They are supposed to have reopened today, aren't they?

According to the new floor plan that I saw when I visited them on Sep.2, they were going to convert the two conference rooms behind the AAngels counter into additional sitting area.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Spent most of the morning there today - still not open, although they were hoping to possibly start opening it up to us by the afternoon. Sounds like the grand reopening will be in stages, basically minor renovations will continue over the next few weeks. Not surprisng, the whole DCA staff has been wonderful during this time, gracious and helpful as ever as they'd opened up the room where Congressmen and other VIPS are allowed to sit (and yes, they must be AC members). It was small and somewhat cramped, but the staff did their best to make us feel at home. They are the best. ^
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:02 am

I'm flying through Wed and Thurs of next week and looking forward to seeing it. They desperately needed more room.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Spent most of the morning there today - still not open, although they were hoping to possibly start opening it up to us by the afternoon. Sounds like the grand reopening will be in stages, basically minor renovations will continue over the next few weeks. Not surprisng, the whole DCA staff has been wonderful during this time, gracious and helpful as ever as they'd opened up the room where Congressmen and other VIPS are allowed to sit (and yes, they must be AC members). It was small and somewhat cramped, but the staff did their best to make us feel at home. They are the best. ^
Thanks for the report! By coincidence there was a report today that airlines are no logner letter congresspeople and senators make multiple reservations and then cancel them without fees! Where is the VIP room at DCA? Is that the door by the computer area?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:03 pm

Just curious about the report...where was it?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:59 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Let's see - so you approach the entrance (getting ready to hit the buzzer), if you look to your left, you'll see a door. This takes you into three offices, one where the club manager works, a room with two compters, and a seating room. I was told some of the changes will include turning the conference room into a tv room/coffee area; the main sitting room will be one large room (no divider), and they're planning to glass off the computing room so that members aren't bothered by the noise in the AC lobby.

Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Thanks for the report! By coincidence there was a report today that airlines are no logner letter congresspeople and senators make multiple reservations and then cancel them without fees! Where is the VIP room at DCA? Is that the door by the computer area?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Ross0
I'm flying through Wed and Thurs of next week and looking forward to seeing it. They desperately needed more room.
When you're there could you ask about reports posted here of free wi-fi coming at the end of the year? As I've found these agents are the most helpful in the system, maybe they'll have an update. I forgot to ask when I was through there the last week of August.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
any updates?

Flying out of DCA Thursday and I have about 3 hours after work before my flight. Any updates on the remodel?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage: PLAT (300K lifetime and counting)
I'm flying in tomorrow and out Friday, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've never been in that AC before, though, so I won't have the before/after perspective. At least this one is inside security. I still can't believe PHL is outside! That is so useless these days!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:53 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g33kgrl
I'm flying in tomorrow and out Friday, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've never been in that AC before, though, so I won't have the before/after perspective. At least this one is inside security. I still can't believe PHL is outside! That is so useless these days!
No biggie really. One must only depart the club 10 to 15 minutes earlier than if the club was inside security. Half this time is made up by beng able to check-in at eh club and skip the counter.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage: PLAT (300K lifetime and counting)
Originally Posted by HNL
No biggie really. One must only depart the club 10 to 15 minutes earlier than if the club was inside security. Half this time is made up by beng able to check-in at eh club and skip the counter.
One, I never check in at the counter--that is what my computer is for. Two, if you're inside the club, how do you know how long the security line is and how early you need to need to leave? When I was at PHL a few weeks ago, they had ONE security line open, so it took a heckuva lot longer than 10-15 minutes. In contrast, with clubs inside security, I leave the club about 5-10 minutes before boarding begins.

I much prefer to get inside security and then relax there rather than risk an unexpectedly long line that could make me miss a flight. JMO, YMMV
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:46 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DCA AC / Admirals Club Hours

Does the DCA AC really close at 19:30 as listed on aa.com? There are 5 flights to MIA, STL, BNA, ORD, and RDU that depart weekday evenings between 20:30 and 21:25. It's very surprising that the club would close so early with so many departures.

Last edited by HNL; Dec 1, 2012 at 9:52 pm
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
My Data Point

I flew DCA to Miami on Saturday, November 24, on flight #1261, which departs at 8:35 p.m. My SO & I were in the DCA Admirals Club till 8 p.m. It was only us and another couple, also on the Miami flight. We all left together to the gate.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:45 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Found out from first hand experience the club closes at 21:00 on weekdays. AA.com is wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.