Wiki Posts
Search

Today's AA283 (MIA-LAX) Cancelled last night--no notification

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:06 am
pdb
Original Poster

Today's AA283 (MIA-LAX) Cancelled last night--no notification

My partner (EXP) was booked on today's AA283 (MIA-LAX) and looking forward to a decent J seat and an opportunity to catch some Zs on the way. Last night I logged on to AA.COM to print out the Boarding Pass, only see no flight details. Upon calling EXP, I learned that the flight had been cancelled (aircraft problems...it was the 763).

The EXP desk explained that a new routing (through ORD, arriving LAX 5+ hours later) had been selected, but was then nice enough to rebook through DFW for a somewhat better arrival time. It's been quite some time since I remember coming across a non-weather-related flight cancellation; but what I don't understand is why AA did not telephone or even send an email regarding the flight cancellation/rebooking when it occurred (the day before at 6:37pm CT). I thought this was done automatically--regardless of elite status or class of service. Very strange (and disquieting). Any similar experiences or understanding of the modus operandi regarding notification of cancelled flights?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I don't recall ever receiving an email about a flight cancellation, but I have received many calls from AA. First thing you should do is check your partner's profile to make sure the phone number is correct. That said, many here have reported not receiving calls when their flight is cancelled. I'm not sure any of us have figured out AA's policy with respect to this. (It's also possible that your call to AA preempted their call to your partner.)
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:11 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie
I don't recall ever receiving an email about a flight cancellation, but I have received many calls from AA. First thing you should do is check your partner's profile to make sure the phone number is correct. That said, many here have reported not receiving calls when their flight is cancelled. I'm not sure any of us have figured out AA's policy with respect to this. (It's also possible that your call to AA preempted their call to your partner.)
Blumie, Blumie, Blumie. You must not read here much. Of course we have determined exactly, precisely and completely what AA's policy is on when to call/when not to call. It's random. Where have you been?

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by brp
Blumie, Blumie, Blumie. You must not read here much. Of course we have determined exactly, precisely and completely what AA's policy is on when to call/when not to call. It's random. Where have you been?
I guess Jon was right when he accused me of being new here!
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
This is another reason why I would suggest using flight status notification. Yes, too bad it is not automaticly set for each flight you book...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.