Wiki Posts
Search

AA new(?) cash upgrade offer on Reservation Details page

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
AA new(?) cash upgrade offer on Reservation Details page

I've never seen this before... is it new? I'm getting an offer to upgrade my transcon today from Business to First, for $250 one way.

Oddly enough, I was not given any such offer when I checked in on the app -- only when I view my reservation on the website.

The flight with this offer is currently showing A3, F4, P0, Z0, J1, D0, I0, C0, U0, Y3, B3, H3, K3, M2, L1, W1, V0
Old May 1, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
I can't comment on whether this is something new or not, but from those numbers I'd deduce that J may be sold full, or even be oversold, so I'm not surprised that they would try and get any money they can before giving someone a free op-up.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmsdfw
I can't comment on whether this is something new or not, but from those numbers I'd deduce that J may be sold full, or even be oversold, so I'm not surprised that they would try and get any money they can before giving someone a free op-up.
Makes sense.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I have also seen a new presentation view for LFBU on the reservation page (near the bottom) for non-elite flyers. I presume your Business class fare was a purchased fare and you are not on any upgrade waiting list or are we talking about the elusive double upgrade?

Frankly, I am going to say this should be merged into the LFBU thread. Another reason to check-in via the website and not the mobile options...

Rasheed
Old May 1, 2015, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rasheed
I have also seen a new presentation view for LFBU on the reservation page (near the bottom) for non-elite flyers. I presume your Business class fare was a purchased fare and you are not on any upgrade waiting list or are we talking about the elusive double upgrade?
Yes -- an I fare.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
$250?

Counter offer $100, see what they say.

Old May 1, 2015, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Just to make sure— and it sure seems like something new/different— it’s -not- one of these:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...grade-now.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20416392-post19.html
Old May 2, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yes, this I think happens only within checkin period and seems to be less than the fare difference. However, the rate variable is not something I recognize like older LFBU.

Rasheed
Old May 2, 2015, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Just to make sure— and it sure seems like something new/different— it’s -not- one of these:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...grade-now.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20416392-post19.html
No, this was on the "view reservation details" page within "my trips". Those threads seem to refer to the booking process.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SJC AA
No, this was on the "view reservation details" page within "my trips". Those threads seem to refer to the booking process.
I agree. Seems like something brand new to me then
Old May 3, 2015, 8:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Just saw the same thing via mobile when I tap "change seats" on day of departure. was an offer of $410 to upgrade JFK-LHR (and what looked like maybe also my connecting flight LHR-MXP on BA?).

Shows up under the fare breakdown when it goes to the mobile site for seating chart. Is the same as LBFU? I wonder if the offers vary depending on load or time to departure.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
$410 for an upgrade? Damn copay and the mileage rape they ask for - I'd jump on that!
Old May 22, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
I was just offered an upgrade to J from GRU-MIA using online check-in for $500

I took it.. it booked into C.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by SJC AA
I've never seen this before... is it new? I'm getting an offer to upgrade my transcon today from Business to First, for $250 one way.

Oddly enough, I was not given any such offer when I checked in on the app -- only when I view my reservation on the website.

The flight with this offer is currently showing A3, F4, P0, Z0, J1, D0, I0, C0, U0, Y3, B3, H3, K3, M2, L1, W1, V0
Might AA have bumped OP for free to make room farther back on an oversold flight?
Old May 22, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flipside
I was just offered an upgrade to J from GRU-MIA using online check-in for $500

I took it.. it booked into C.
I was wondering why the J cabin on my DFW-GRU flight tonight suddenly filled up, I wonder if the price drops the more uneven the load is. I haven't applied SWUs to my 4th of July trip yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.