Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

EDI / Edinburgh Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

EDI / Edinburgh Turnhouse International Airport
British Airways Lounge by Gate 4

Link to EDI airport information on aa.com(none provided at writing)

Link to EDI airport website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Lounge near Gate 4

HOURS: Daily 05:30 - last departure

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and Beverages
  • Printing
  • Television
Note: oneworld lounge, but see next.
No. 1 Traveller Lounge

HOURS: Daily 04:30 - 21:00

AMENITIES:
  • Food and Beverages
Note: Used by American Airlines / US Airways; third party lounge; used by qualified passengers on AA, QR, US
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

EDI / Edinburgh Turnhouse International Airport British Airways Lounge by Gate 4

Last edited by JDiver; May 13, 2015 at 4:07 pm Reason: Update
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
EDI / Edinburgh International Airport British Airways Lounge (master thread)

The EDI Lounge is operated by BA is airside, situated opposite Gate 4, open 05:15 until last departure of the day. The lounge conforms to oneworld norms and protocols. If flying BA Club / Business, you are also granted access, but you have no guest privileges.

Free WiFi, USB and UK/US/Euro power sockets, computer stations with Internet access, toilets (but no showers).

Morning light buffet food items as well as sandwiches, etc. after noon, are on offer. Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages on offer; Champagne by request only.

Last edited by JDiver; May 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm Reason: Restore
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JDiver
The EDI Lounge is operated by BA is airside, situated opposite Gate 4, open 05:15 until last departure of the day. The lounge conforms to oneworld norms and protocols. If flying BA Club / Business, you are also granted access, but you have no guest privileges.

Free WiFi, USB and UK/US/Euro power sockets, computer stations with Internet access, toilets (but no showers).

Morning light buffet food items as well as sandwiches, etc. after noon, are on offer. Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages on offer; Champagne by request only.
Actually, the breakfast selection I had on a Saturday morning in September 2014 was quite extensive. In fact it spoiled my appetite for the Heathrow F AA lounge. Very nice size facility.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by george 3
Actually, the breakfast selection I had on a Saturday morning in September 2014 was quite extensive. In fact it spoiled my appetite for the Heathrow F AA lounge. Very nice size facility.
Is there such a thing as appetite for the LHR AA lounge? Only for those not knowing they can access the BA and CX lounges I guess ...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Was at this lounge this month (March, 2015) and I agree about the breakfast options. Fresh fruit, carb items (toast, croissants, etc.) and cereals.

It was a little on the cramped side, but still nicer than the public areas.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Zaynab
Is there such a thing as appetite for the LHR AA lounge? Only for those not knowing they can access the BA and CX lounges I guess ...
The BA lounge spoils my appetite for the AA lounge at LHR

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Was at this lounge this month (March, 2015) and I agree about the breakfast options. Fresh fruit, carb items (toast, croissants, etc.) and cereals.
In addition to the high carb items, they had a large bowl of unsweetened Greek yogurt. Adding a little of the dried fruit (some carbs, to be sure, but add very little) made for a nice small snack in advance of the BA F lounge.

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
I was in this lounge about two years ago, on a EDI-LHR-DFW flight home. Breakfast was plentiful, if not amazing; Weetabix, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, etc.

I ate again in CE on EDI-LHR, and tried to stuff down a bacon butty in Galleries Lounge in LHR, which I'd heard so much about on the BA forum here. Alas, I was so full, I could only manage 4-5 London Pride's during that layover.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by brp
The BA lounge spoils my appetite for the AA lounge at LHR

Cheers.
You are right, I,don't remember ever seeing anything worth eating at the AA LHR F Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.