Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Website Award Availability Different from AA Call Center Award Availiabity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Award Availability Different from AA Call Center Award Availiabity

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Angry Website Award Availability Different from AA Call Center Award Availiabity

So I've had multiple incidents where I could book award travel flights on the AA website, but the AA call center agents stated that there were no award seats available. This has occurred both with AA and BA flights.

Today, while on the phone, I give a BA flight for an agent to book. And she claimed she couldn't see it. Then I asked her to wait while I booked the exact same flight online. Afterwards, I gave her the new PNR.

She came back after talking to a supervisor and stated that a lot of complaints have been made already that the AA website shows availability that the call center can't see.

Since I wanted to change an existing award reservation, she said that if I could create a new PNR with all the flights I wanted, she could reissue via the new PNR. However, the existing flights I had outside of the BA flight no longer had award availability! To say the least, she tried her best to work with me to handle this issue.

But the IT problem is the real reason why I'm in this situation to begin with. Does anyone know if AA is working to fix this?

- Pat
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
UPDATE:

Did a HUACA. After canceling the new PNR created while I was on the phone with the call center agent, I checked AA.com to see that the award space of my desired BA flight was returned. After verifying that, I called back AA and explained what I wanted to do but also explained what had happened 10 minutes earlier.

Without asking anymore questions, she went on her way to re-book me. As she spent quite some time typing, I figured she was doing a long sell. So I guess I lucked out and got an experienced agent.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
Good that it worked out for you.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Similar experience a few days ago. First agent couldn't see availability. HUCA. Second agent booked it within two minutes. Frustrating.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
Similar experience a few days ago. First agent couldn't see availability. HUCA. Second agent booked it within two minutes. Frustrating.
I had a comparable situation, but this time the agent believed me, then found the availability I saw online. The agent switched to searching segment by segment. Time consuming, so it makes sense not all agents want to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.