Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA discontinues connection/through priority on upgrades 27 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This change is now confirmed through unofficial sources.

Implemented March 27 2015.

Rumored date is March 11 2015, now postponed but still on the "AAgenda".
Print Wikipost

AA discontinues connection/through priority on upgrades 27 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Things got a bit split up amongst the various forums and threads, 'case anyone missed it, action starts to day, culminating on Saturday, some details summarized here:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/showp...65&postcount=2

And, I believe AA will start announcing this stuff this morning.
First email went out this morning:

On March 28, we'll begin moving Dividend Miles® members into the AAdvantage program. This transition to a single loyalty program will take several days.

We’ll send you more details about the benefits you can expect as soon as everything has been completed.

If you're traveling, you may not receive your flight notifications in the coming days, so make sure you check your flight status with our mobile app before departing for the airport.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for flying with us.
Regards,

Suzanne L. Rubin
President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
First email went out this morning:
To be clear though-- unless I'm missing it (very, very possible)-- they haven't publicly announced the change to -T status, correct? (And if they haven't, not to imply they have any plans of doing so!)
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
To be clear though-- unless I'm missing it (very, very possible)-- they haven't publicly announced the change to -T status, correct? (And if they haven't, not to imply they have any plans of doing so!)
It's mentioned here: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-upgrade-work/, but I can't tell if that is just Gary stating it or something that Suzanne Rubin said in her interview. Given that I'm pretty sure the -T status was never documented anywhere for public consumption, presumably a comment in an interview would be as close to a public announcement as you'd get.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmsdfw
It's mentioned here: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-upgrade-work/, but I can't tell if that is just Gary stating it or something that Suzanne Rubin said in her interview.
I'd say it's both, Gary's known it ever since I posted on TB confirming the OP in this thread, and, I'm sure (well, strongly assume) it was confirmed in his talk with Suzanne Rubin.

I was just wondering if I missed it being announced in any way-- which I agree, it probably won't be.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Can't wait for this ridiculous rule to go away. Booked LHR-LAX 7 months out, not a single seat shown as reserved when booking (yeah, I know that doesn't meen that much but it's a sign there's a reasonable chance that there aren't any other EXPs booked yet) and I find myself 11th on the upgrade list with all 10 people in front of me classified as "through" passengers according to check-in agent.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA exp
Originally Posted by Stripy
Can't wait for this ridiculous rule to go away. Booked LHR-LAX 7 months out, not a single seat shown as reserved when booking (yeah, I know that doesn't meen that much but it's a sign there's a reasonable chance that there aren't any other EXPs booked yet) and I find myself 11th on the upgrade list with all 10 people in front of me classified as "through" passengers according to check-in agent.
Yes that sucks bad, so frustrating to look up and see your name so far down. I can't wait for the change either, hopefully it is really tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
I was told that airport upgrade lists for tomorrow still have upgrade "Ts" on the list.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:01 am
Suspended

Post -T gone

Looking at DFW-HKG #138 PALL list and 2 domestic lists for today, -T designation is gone for upgrades.

-T still exists for standby, quite sensibly.

Last edited by JonNYC; Mar 28, 2015 at 11:58 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:15 pm

Interesting the flights we were looking at yesterday had Ts and now it's gone
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Interesting the flights we were looking at yesterday had Ts and now it's gone
Today's the 28th!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Something even more official: It is mentioned on this page.

500 Mile Upgrades

Look under "What order are upgrades confirmed?" The second bullet point of "Upgrade not confirmed at check-in?" explicitly calls out connecting passengers.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by makfan

500 Mile Upgrades

Look under "What order are upgrades confirmed?" The second bullet point of "Upgrade not confirmed at check-in?" explicitly calls out connecting passengers.
Nice!! Great catch, thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA exp
Originally Posted by makfan

500 Mile Upgrades

+1 makfan
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by moki1
+1 makfan
Yes, very glad to see it on AA.com
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:02 am

Today's the 28th!
Looks like my source remains reliable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.