Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA checkin at London Paddington

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dmsdfw
Given how ridiculously expensive the Heathrow Express is, it wouldn't hurt them to invest some of their no-doubt massive profits into providing real check-in facilities at Paddington. Something comparable to that offered on Hong Kong island and Kowloon for HKG would be great.
There used to be but seemed to be v few people using it. Used to be full check in service including luggage drop off.

Dave
Old May 23, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
Given how ridiculously expensive the Heathrow Express is
Relative to what? Certainly not a taxi into the vicinity of Paddington, unless three people ride. The tube, sure, if one is willing (and able) to carry one's luggage up the steps at the destination station.

Granted, Heathrow Connect is less expensive, but it runs half as often and takes longer. Murphy's law says one needs 29+25=54 minutes to reach Paddington on HC but only 14+15=29 minutes on HE.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There used to be but seemed to be v few people using it. Used to be full check in service including luggage drop off.

Dave
I remember seeing signs to that effect at Paddington maybe 4 or 5 years ago and checking it out. At the time there was a human there and I asked her if I could check my bags there for my trip back to the US. No, she said. Not since. "Nine-One-One". Ah, yes. The excuse for most of the deterioration in attitude, convenience and customer service in the last 10 years.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Athena53
I remember seeing signs to that effect at Paddington maybe 4 or 5 years ago and checking it out. At the time there was a human there and I asked her if I could check my bags there for my trip back to the US. No, she said. Not since. "Nine-One-One". Ah, yes. The excuse for most of the deterioration in attitude, convenience and customer service in the last 10 years.
AA staffed check in at Paddington did end in the Nov-Dec 2001 time frame. Other non-US airlines continued to provide check in service for a few years after.
BA ended their service in 2003.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...+station+check
Star Alliance ended their check in service on 1 Dec 2004.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...addington.html

Last edited by jerry a. laska; May 23, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.