Wiki Posts
Search

PIllow size?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:21 am
Original Poster

PIllow size?

Hello -
We're taking an overseas trip with friends soon, and will be flying American. Just for fun, I'd like to make travel pillow-sized pillowcases to send them in the mail before we fly, as we've been joking about a video we saw about germs on airplane blankets and pillows.
Can anyone give me approximate dimensions of the pillows that are likely to be on the plane?
Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BCOS
Can anyone give me approximate dimensions of the pillows that are likely to be on the plane?
Ther size of the pillow varies depending on the cabin in which you are traveling.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. We are in coach.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:57 pm

Pillows? I've flown domestic F several times in the last year. Never saw a pillow or a blanket anywhere (unlike pre-COVID). Is this something they started to re-instate?
Dea Certe likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Pillows? I've flown domestic F several times in the last year. Never saw a pillow or a blanket anywhere (unlike pre-COVID). Is this something they started to re-instate?
It doesn't seem so. My hopes they'll magically appear on my next domestic F flight are cruelly dashed every time.

Having to layer up on a flight not to freeze, taking a bulky sweater to the Caribbean for no reason other than the plane, is an extra pain to deal with.

Narly as the blankets occasionally were, I do miss them. (And the days of decent wine, but that's another post.)
hurnik and Dea Certe like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:33 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by BCOS
Thanks. We are in coach.
On longhaul international I believe they have blankets & pillows in coach. I do not have an exact measurement but I would hazard a guess in the neighborhood of 8x10 inches? They are relatively small.
BCOS likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I would not bet on a pillow in Coach, and efforts to make custom pillowcases might be wasted.

Instead, I suggest you just roll up your jacket and use that as a pseudo-pillow.
BCOS likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

I had asked the AA chat CSR via the app about this before posting here, and was told that yes, on international flights blankets and pillows are provided.

I remembered I have a friend who works for AA who flies overseas with some regularity, and I've reached out to see if he can help!
Dea Certe likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:29 pm

Your best bet is to actually send them a pillow! The pillows provided are not very good in main cabin!
Uzzar and TWA884 like this.

Last edited by skylady; Sep 28, 2023 at 10:34 pm
Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Ha! Agreed... except that they all said they didn't want to carry one around for the week, and didn't want to consume precious space in their carry-ons with one. They plan to use their jackets unless there are actually pillows on the plane.

We're all just excited for the trip, and hopefully this will be a fun / funny surprise for them to find in their mailboxes next week.
GNRMatt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.