Wiki Posts
Search

New aa.com Seat Selection Rules?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Deltahater
LOL.. he is the OP...
OP in this case means "Original Post", not "Original Poster". If the first post is edited to reflect the fact that it is incorrect, it will save everyone else from reading this thread.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Platunum
Originally Posted by normcpa
I just checked your suggestion, and you are absolutely right! MY BAD!!

Thank goodness for FT. I had held the flights yesterday, and I just clicked on "purchase" (on the "hold" e-mail). Somehow aa.com didn't know who I was, and that caused the problem. I just now went in and picked out the exit row seats with no difficulty.

Thanks for your help! I can smile again.
That's great. I'd hate to think there's a drastic change in policy. As Seth Levy sees it, he's the only one that should be allowed to prebook the exit row seat!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by normcpa
I just checked your suggestion, and you are absolutely right! MY BAD!!

Thank goodness for FT. I had held the flights yesterday, and I just clicked on "purchase" (on the "hold" e-mail). Somehow aa.com didn't know who I was, and that caused the problem. I just now went in and picked out the exit row seats with no difficulty.

Thanks for your help! I can smile again.

Great, now change your original post to correct this idea.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 9:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by jrockway
OP in this case means "Original Post", not "Original Poster". If the first post is edited to reflect the fact that it is incorrect, it will save everyone else from reading this thread.
Exactly. On both counts
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I have detected no change for seat selection. I do have to pick a bone with gate agents from time to time as they have moved me to an exit row seat.

Why do they think everyone wants an exit row seat?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:29 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Lifetime Platinum = Platinum, so I would think it would be no problem to get exit row in advance (assuming available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.