Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where To Find The YUP Fares?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:37 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Earlier this year (Feb) I flew SFO-ATL for $579 r/t on fully-refundable YUP. The fare was competing with AirTran's biz class. Don't know if such fares are still around, but ATL is AirTran's hub so AA might offer some competitive YUPs into there.

There are some great y-ups from ATL. But the LAX and LAS fares are now pricing out at closer to $700. The last one I saw was $708. I didn't price SFO, though. DEN is $515. ORD is $485. There are some good ones. You just have to compare AA service with the Air Tran route map.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:43 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
i am trying to book a YUP for this:

ROUTING 2 FROM FLL-AA-RDU-
TO AA-STL/DFW-AA-SFO*
OR TO AA-CHI-AA-SEA-AA-SFO*
OR TO AA-STL/DFW-AA-SNA/SEA/LAX-AA-
SFO*
OR TO AA-CHI-AA-SEA-AA-SNA/LAX-AA-
SFO*
FROM-TO FLL-AA-RDU-AA-CHI-AA-SEA-AA-
SFO*

but i cant get the flights to price....any pointers?
do i understand it correctly that i could fly FLL-RDU-CHI-SEA-LAX-SFO?
if so, how do i book it? this would be perfect, since i need 10 full fare segments by 12/1 and this weekend would be great for a 2-3 day run...

thanks!

The y-ups are very restrictive as to city pairs. For example, with the ATL-LAX y-up, you can only route through DFW or ORD. You cannot get a route to work through MIA. It will price at full fare first. So the routing you're asking about probably won't work either. They don't want to give away too many COS bonuses for out of the way connections.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Hoc
I knew that, because aa.com was where I used to find the YUPs. But now you can only search for full fare F on aa.com.

I can think of lots of leisure destinations from LAX, but there do not appear to be any YUP fares out of LAX.

Yes, there are. LAX-ATL. It's one of the Air Tran matches.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:49 am
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
I just checked -- Eagle segments booked in Y (full Y) and LAX-LAS booked in A (First). I did not use AA.com but my corporate website - choosing first class with restrictions. Farebase was $239.
Unavailable on aa.com, expedia, travelocity, orbitz or ITN. But it was available by calling aa directly and paying the (cursed) $5 "telephone fee."

So, I decided to go for the bonus without taking time out that I could not afford:

Sunday, 11/7 SAN-LAX-LAS leaving 8 a.m., arriving 11:13 am
LAS-LAX-SAN leaving 5 p.m., arriving 8 p.m.

Saturday, 11/13 SAN-LAX-LAS leaving 6 p.m., arriving 8:44 p.m.

Sunday, 11/14 LAS-LAX-SAN leaving 12 p.m., arriving 3:01 p.m.

So, I get 58,000 miles and 2 days in Las Vegas for $562 plus the cost of 1 night's hotel in Las Vegas, instead of 67,000 miles and 1 day in New Orleans for $744 plus the cost of 2 nights' hotel in New Orleans. Also, I get to do it on the weekends without any time off work, and only 1 complete day away from the house. I might have preferred New Orleans, but Las Vegas is more affordable in terms of an investment in time.

Thanks for the heads' up!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 7:07 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Hoc

So, I get 58,000 miles and 2 days in Las Vegas for $562 plus the cost of 1 night's hotel in Las Vegas, instead of 67,000 miles and 1 day in New Orleans for $744 plus the cost of 2 nights' hotel in New Orleans. Also, I get to do it on the weekends without any time off work, and only 1 complete day away from the house. I might have preferred New Orleans, but Las Vegas is more affordable in terms of an investment in time.
Plus, if you play your cards right, it could all be free...or end up costing quite a bit more .

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 7:08 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Try orbitz.com and select F for your fare. It finds YUPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.