Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Visa 10% miles back questions, mile posting delays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by azepine00
Is there anything i can do with existing awards to trigger the rebate?

I booked several hundred K worth of 2013 travel last year got 10K back but i wonder if reticketing or smth of similar nature can earn me another 10K for this this since i probably won't book any new awards in the near future.
Canceling, redepositing the miles, and rebooking should work (YMMV, I don't want to commit to this). Of course, if the seats are no longer available, you might not want to do that. If you aren't EXP, you'll have to pay $150 to redeposit the miles, and that is probably the value to many of 10k AA miles. To me, unless you are EXP, rebooking and paying that $150 would not be worth it.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
So to confirm, this is not a benefit of being a card holder alone, one must actually pay the taxes & fees with the Citi AA card?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
So to confirm, this is not a benefit of being a card holder alone, one must actually pay the taxes & fees with the Citi AA card?
Don't need to. I put the taxes & fees for one ticket on some Chase card before and got the miles rebated.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Don't need to. I put the taxes & fees for one ticket on some Chase card before and got the miles rebated.
Thanks. Good to know!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by Duffman
but isn't the 10% miles back promo only to certain destinations within the US and for RT redemption's only? I recently booked a 2 J seats on IB from MAD-JFK and when I called AA, they told me there were no promos to get 10% miles back on international travel.

Would love to be corrected on this, but don't think it works. Was a bit miffed as I opened an AA credit card just for this offer.
Happy to correct you

I was not only told the same thing, but on the next call was told that because I used a different card to pay I'd have to redeposit the miles (and pay $450, as I used 3 accounts) and pay again with the Citi card.

On the third call, I was assured that both CS agents had been wrong and to just wait for my 10k to appear in my account. After two weeks of wondering which agent was correct, the miles appeared in my account.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Duffman
but isn't the 10% miles back promo only to certain destinations within the US and for RT redemption's only? I recently booked a 2 J seats on IB from MAD-JFK and when I called AA, they told me there were no promos to get 10% miles back on international travel.

Would love to be corrected on this, but don't think it works. Was a bit miffed as I opened an AA credit card just for this offer.
The provisions may vary, depending on the type of card you have and the details of the specific offer. However, I booked two OW awards for 20k each last November for USA-Germany travel, and received 4k back within a couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.