Lounge at DCA

Subscribe
Quote: Seconded on their bloody marys, especially ones made my a certain bartender from New Orleans, who is my favorite AA employee in the whole system.
+3 The AAngels and bar staff at DCA are terrific. The guy from NO and Lori who works the bar on weekdays both make an excellent bloody mary.
See a purported DCA recipe here: http://dearkaren.com/2011/09/dca-adm...-bloody-marys/
I'll add that their supply of WSJs tend to last deeper into the morning than other locations. Maybe that speaks more of my fellow DCAers than the quantity...not sure.
It was recently remodeled; nice staff.
I've been helped multiple times by the AC AAngels at both DCA and IAD - reworking reservations in IRROPS situations, blocking rows of seats in coach when they new the upgrade wouldn't clear, etc. Not quite as helpful as HNL but still memorable (whereas in my home base LAX I can't say the same).
The IAD AC is very venerable - or was in its original guise:

Quote:
The airline's second club was at Washington's National Airport and opened with the airport in 1939. Located in a "dry" area, the club was prohibited from selling alcoholic beverages. For a nominal fee, however, the club stored bottles for its members. When the Virginia liquor law changed in 1970, so did this club policy. At one point, the club had more than 9,000 bottles stored. Many bore the names of powerful U.S. politicians.
In 1967 the Admirals Club became a paid membership club. Cry your heart out:

Quote:
A change in Admirals Club membership eligibility was made in 1967 when American established an open policy of accepting dues-paying members – a policy that remains in effect today. The dues in 1967 were $25 per year, or $250 for a lifetime membership. Almost all Admirals at the time decided to pay the fees and retain their memberships.
$250 for a lifetime membership was a bargain - in 2010 dollars, it would be the equivalent of ~$1,614.14. (Morgan's inflation calculator)
DCA has the best club staff in the system. 2nd the motion on the bar staff as well. The DCA club space is much much improved with the additional seating areas added after the renovations completed last summer (I think).
+1 on the staff at DCA. Always a postive attitude, always helpful.

Recently thru there, glad to see Harlen, one of the excellent AAngels from the STL club, has settled in with their team nicely.
Quote: DCA has the best club staff in the system. 2nd the motion on the bar staff as well. The DCA club space is much much improved with the additional seating areas added after the renovations completed last summer (I think).

The AAngels at DCA are great, but I'm betting you haven't been to AUS or HNL recently. Those ladies are truly the BEST! (along with Agnes at ORD G and Ralph at YYZ)
Quote:
In 1967 the Admirals Club became a paid membership club. $250 for a lifetime membership
Perhaps someone who paid $250 in 1967 is still alive, flying AA, and visiting clubs.
Quote: The AAngels at DCA are great, but I'm betting you haven't been to AUS or HNL recently. Those ladies are truly the BEST! (along with Agnes at ORD G and Ralph at YYZ)

Been to AUS. Can't say the same for HNL. Still vote for DCA.
The DCA AC AAngels are the best...hands downs
From the AAngels behind the welcome desk to the bar attendants...this AC has the best service. I fly every week in/out of DCA...when I come in to the club, the welcome and treatment is unbelievable. Its a home away from home. Thank you DCA AC!
Quote: ^ +1 for AAngels at IAD
Second that! IAD AAngels are incredible. Even had personal phone calls from them when flights have had issues. So sad the club is closing. Never had that kind of service from DCA.
Quote: Second that! IAD AAngels are incredible. Even had personal phone calls from them when flights have had issues. So sad the club is closing. Never had that kind of service from DCA.
The IAD AC is closing? I hadn't heard.
Quote: The IAD AC is closing? I hadn't heard.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...o-layoffs.html
Quote: DCA has the best club staff in the system.
Only because FRA closed.

SAN is pretty good too.