Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
I really want to say, I HATE DEQM.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Why?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by phazedowt
CS Rep says no go
Just cancel the ticket and rebook the trip. You should get the double EQM/RDM if it is a different record locator. In 2010, I re-booked 2 trips to qualify for a DBEQM promotion. However, in one of them, the agent re-used the same old PNR and I did not get the double miles. Lesson learned: whatever you do, just make sure you get a new PNR ticket on or after October 27.

In my case, I did end up getting the double miles after I complained that I was assured I would qualify for the promotion by the agent who rebooked my trip.

Last edited by reubergd; Oct 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Originally Posted by living near shamu
Why?
#1 the lameness of residencey requirements

#2 because the locations suck, give me even a 50% eqm promo to anywhere more interesting than DFW & LAX (anytime) and SFO in the winter
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
+1
SFO upgrades are hard enough without the riff-raff piling on and competing for those upgrades.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Would the DFW-SFO segment of a DFW - SFO - SEA R/T count?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:36 pm

My friend in the Bay Area got the email and is excited. Already had 2 SFO-ORD flights planned to visit a friend. DEQM/RDM is a bonus for her. Thankfully she is a lowly GLD and won't be stealing upgrades from me.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by WChou
My friend in the Bay Area got the email and is excited. Already had 2 SFO-ORD flights planned to visit a friend. DEQM/RDM is a bonus for her. Thankfully she is a lowly GLD and won't be stealing upgrades from me.
She won't get deqm for those flights though. Is she planning a few more?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Just in time, AA sale on SAT-LAX fares. $84 each way is a good deal with this bonus.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by living near shamu
Just in time, AA sale on SAT-LAX fares. $84 each way is a good deal with this bonus.
That is a great deal. May have to drive down.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Phasers
Would the DFW-SFO segment of a DFW - SFO - SEA R/T count?
Yes, as long as you return SFO-DFW and SFO is not a stopover on a single flight number from DFW-SEA or v.v.

Beware of this! I almost missed my status last year because I flew to SFO-FLL via DFW and didn't realize it was one flight number and not allowed. Fortunately I had in writing that it would qualify, from an agent that didn't know any better. Took a couple conversations with the executive office to make it happen, though.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by reubergd
Just cancel the ticket and rebook the trip. You should get the double EQM/RDM if it is a different record locator. In 2010, I re-booked 2 trips to qualify for a DBEQM promotion. However, in one of them, the agent re-used the same old PNR and I did not get the double miles. Lesson learned: whatever you do, just make sure you get a new PNR ticket on or after October 27.

In my case, I did end up getting the double miles after I complained that I was assured I would qualify for the promotion by the agent who rebooked my trip.
I read the terms of the promo here: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

The terms say that only registration prior to travel is required, not registration prior to booking like it did on the last DEQM promo.

Does this mean that rebooking is not necessary for people with existing itineraries?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
She won't get deqm for those flights though. Is she planning a few more?
Planned but not booked. One trip in Jan 2012 and one trip March 2012. She has already requalified GLD for 2012 and DEQM will help her with 2013.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
How often does AA check accounts for the double eqm promos? Say I do a qualifying r/t the third week of December and AA doesn't check for the double eqm promo until midway January 2012. Will the double eqms post for the previous year or apply towards the 2012-2013 count?

I'm just worried that if they don't sweep the accounts before the years end, this may all be worthless towards my current milage count for status in 2012.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:30 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Should help qualify for elite rewards afteralll. Yay. I was going to be close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.