Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Transferring luggage from one airline to another on long haul flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring luggage from one airline to another on long haul flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by zman
Why?
If you have 2 hours to change u get a 50/50 chance at 3 hours it should be OK
op stated 1 hour 15 min at lhr... what are your odds on that.

Blumie may think I made a ridiculous statement however my last three trips thru LHR prove otherwise and one was only 1 month ago...( on two trips luggage lost completely and one trip delayed by two days.) all had more than two hour layover.. Unfortunately we had to have luggage checked. I am not so sure that the situation has improved that much... Any way you can avoid LHR is the way to go.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by nytango

Blumie may think I made a ridiculous statement however my last three trips thru LHR prove otherwise and one was only 1 month ago...( on two trips luggage lost completely and one trip delayed by two days.) all had more than two hour layover.. Unfortunately we had to have luggage checked. I am not so sure that the situation has improved that much... Any way you can avoid LHR is the way to go.
Were you doing T5-T5 transfers like the OP? I would agree with you that an AA-BA transfer at LHR in 75 min would probably be asking for trouble (I believe that's actually an illegal connection time T3-T5), but the OP is transferring BA-BA.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by nytango
The transfer at LHR is essentially a dometic transfer (T5 to T5). Most airlines around the world will get that right most of the time, even BA at LHR. Also, although the OP insists s/he has a 1:15 connection at LHR, the schedule for his/her travel date shows a 2:10 connection time; I'm not at all sure why the OP continues to insist that the transfer time is 1:15.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
The transfer at LHR is essentially a dometic transfer (T5 to T5). Most airlines around the world will get that right most of the time, even BA at LHR. Also, although the OP insists s/he has a 1:15 connection at LHR, the schedule for his/her travel date shows a 2:10 connection time; I'm not at all sure why the OP continues to insist that the transfer time is 1:15.
The difference in times is a reflection that the world is now on Standard time, and not Daylight Savings. I believe I explained that in an earlier posting. When we fly, it will be on DST.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by bassmomma
The difference in times is a reflection that the world is now on Standard time, and not Daylight Savings. I believe I explained that in an earlier posting. When we fly, it will be on DST.
You said that in your other thread; yet another reason not to start two different threads for the same trip. But don't you think airlines are aware of daylight savings time when they set their schedules? And since daylight savings time only results in a one-hour adjustment, how would that explain a 1:05 time difference?

Bottom line is we all have given you our best advice. Take it for what it's worth. Or continue to worry for the next five months. Your choice.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
You said that in your other thread; yet another reason not to start two different threads for the same trip. But don't you think airlines are aware of daylight savings time when they set their schedules? And since daylight savings time only results in a one-hour adjustment, how would that explain a 1:05 time difference?

Bottom line is we all have given you our best advice. Take it for what it's worth. Or continue to worry for the next five months. Your choice.
......and thank each of you for your comments. I seriously thought that even though I had concerns over the same trip, they were two different things. Sorry for causing so much trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.