Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, US, NWorst
763 seats in row 21 question

has anyone ever sat in row 21 on a 763? I am wondering

1. if the seats recline?
2. if they are normal width?
3. if you can put the arm rests up??

I am looking at booking some award travel for a flight from ORD to HNL, wondering if the exit row seat reclines (some don't) and paying 35K miles versus 1st class at 75K.

I'd like to continue saving miles for another ROTW trip next year, but if I have to blow miles on a comfy HNL trip for my sister and BIL (giving to them for their anniversary), I will.

thanks
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:35 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maggie6872
has anyone ever sat in row 21 on a 763?
Yes

1. if the seats recline?
Yes

No (see #3)

No - the tray table is there.

More Info
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...ng_767-300.php
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, no and no (assuming we are not discussing center, rather 21AB, HJ.)

Much better leg room, if that is what you are looking for. Otherwise, the tray table is in the immovable armrest, making a slightly narrower seat. There is at least normal recline (normal for Coach,) and the seat cushion might be slighly shorter and less padded than other seats. It can get colder at the exit as well, but a blanket will take care of that. I am a large 6'4" / 193 cm guy, and much prefer 21AB/HJ if I am stuck in the back of the bus.

Row 20AB/HJ have no /extremely limited recline, OTOH, as well as less legroom, as well as that listed for 31AB/HJ.

I recommend you check SeatGuru.com for information on seating on various AA aircraft.

has anyone ever sat in row 21 on a 763? I am wondering

1. if the seats recline?

I am looking at booking some award travel for a flight from ORD to HNL, wondering if the exit row seat reclines (some don't) and paying 35K miles versus 1st class at 75K.

I'd like to continue saving miles for another ROTW trip next year, but if I have to blow miles on a comfy HNL trip for my sister and BIL (giving to them for their anniversary), I will.

thanks
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by JDiver
I recommend you check SeatGuru.com for information on seating on various AA aircraft.
Seatguru.com is the best source for this. Has saved me from many non-reclining seats in the past.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 4:42 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
What if the flight you want is not available in row 21? Would you take row 20 (no recline, but maybe some extra legroom) or something like row 24 (ordinary coach seat).

We're talking, of course, about the seat assignment you have BEFORE the sticker upgrade kicks in.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 4:57 am

The point made above by JDiver about it getting cold in the outside seats in Row 21 is really worth noting; seatguru says 'very cold' and thats what I have found. So much so that last time on a long trip(MAN - ORD) I opted out of those seats.

Mind you I have them booked for a trip next month - but I will be better prepared with warmer clothing.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
What if the flight you want is not available in row 21?
I will take the first exit row in a set of two consecutive exit rows on daytime flights when I plan to be awake and perhaps reading or working. I find the extra pitch outweighs the lost recline in these instances (exists on 763, 757, and 738 IIRC.) I would not want one of these seats on an overnight.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, US, NWorst
Thanks guys for all the advice...... i did check seat guru, but how do you define on seatguru whether or not a particular seat reclines? All I see are the colors--good seat. bad seat, be aware....... I do use it occasionally for a new routing, and I love my normal seat on the POP-MIA route- I'm a 10A junkie when i don't get my upgrade....

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
What if the flight you want is not available in row 21? Would you take row 20 (no recline, but maybe some extra legroom) or something like row 24 (ordinary coach seat).

We're talking, of course, about the seat assignment you have BEFORE the sticker upgrade kicks in.
I'd never take a seat that doesn't recline and for an overnight I wouldn't do that to my sister or my BIL.

Re stickers--- I get upgrades dumped into my account with regularity from having my butt in a seat. I'm saving those for me...... but stickers....?? I guess I will need to do some reaserch to find out what those are...

Someone previsouly mentioned to me that I should change my AA profile location, but I still want to be able to get all the US resident bonuses and be able to enter contests. anyone have any clues how to get the best of both worlds?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
[QUOTE=maggie6872] Re stickers--- I get upgrades dumped into my account with regularity from having my butt in a seat. I'm saving those for me...... but stickers....?? I guess I will need to do some reaserch to find out what those are...[QUOTE]

500 mile upgrades that are dispensed and stored by AA as electronic credits used to be dispensed by mail in hard copy, as stickers to be affixed to the ticket being upgraded. The use of the term sticker is a throwback to this practice (the conversion to electronic credits was around 2000 IIRC.) So, the short answer is that "stickers" and "500 mile electronic upgrades" are the same thing.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Dec 25, 2006 at 8:52 am
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Thanks guys for all the advice...... i did check seat guru, but how do you define on seatguru whether or not a particular seat reclines? All I see are the colors--good seat. bad seat, be aware.......
When you put your cursor over the seat, it should bring up a description of the seats. For example, 41HJ have limited recline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.