Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DFW Checkin at AA Terminal D [D-16 check-in area] - TWO people working?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Checkin at AA Terminal D [D-16 check-in area] - TWO people working?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Thumbs down DFW Checkin at AA Terminal D [D-16 check-in area] - TWO people working?

Hello

I just wanted to post my dissatisfaction regarding my check-in yesterday, 06-27-13, in which only TWO employees, both apparently non AMR employees (but maybe not) who were manning TWO "temporary" check in counters.

These were located at the Rental Car Gate 18 drop off at Terminal D at DFW, turn left after entering terminal and multiple folks were in line and mass confusion existed due to lack of signage, lack of directions by these two employees, etc.

The permanent check in stations against the wall were ALL empty.

Crickets.

This is the flagship, new Terminal D at an AA Hub airport

Get it together, AA
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
This is the flagship, new Terminal D at an AA Hub airport
New? Terminal D opened in 2005.

What time were you in the terminal?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are, afaicr, three check-in areas for Terminal D. When I See one area jammed up I tend to head for another check-in area - in this case of apparent ineptitude and poor staffing, I'd have certainly done so.

Now, you have posted your dissatisfaction on FlyerTalk. As American Airlines has not seen fit to have anyone from AA respond to comments / posts in this forum, it might pay off to register a complaint with American Airlines itself - because FT is not the one that staffs AA check-in counters, and we aren't about to give you any compensation, other than some empathy.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 28, 2013 at 7:50 pm Reason: add AA DFW Terminals map
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
AA rolls staff at the Terminal D checkin depending on time of day. Why not just go to another zone?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DillMan
AA rolls staff at the Terminal D checkin depending on time of day. Why not just go to another zone?
And if the entire Terminal is bad - go to a A, B or C and connect via Skylink.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reeg2
And if the entire Terminal is bad - go to a A, B or C and connect via Skylink.
The problem with this is getting from D to another terminal. The amount of time you spend getting over there may not be shorter than what it takes to wait. Also, there is no guarantee that another terminal isn't just as bad. Also, note that in B, there is no PreCheck.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
The full service counter in Terminal D is located at D29.

Originally Posted by aa.com
Effective October 25, 2012, the ticket counters located at C7, C33 and D16 will be limited to Bag Drop/Self-Service Check-In only. Customers requiring ticketing assistance can access full service counters at A23, A39, C22 and D29.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/where...rminal_DFW.jsp
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
The full service counter in Terminal D is located at D29.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/where...rminal_DFW.jsp
Being that there is a whole side dedicated to premium and elite, it is about as "full service" as it gets.

Last edited by dayone; Jun 28, 2013 at 4:56 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:43 pm

of course, the counter at A23 should be closed down now for terminal renovations. I think its moved down to near the low gates? Funny, as I was just there in terminal A, but at the high gates. I didn't notice if the checkin counter area was "full service" or not.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Thank you everyone for the posts. My post was more of a vent amongst other seasoned travelers, if AA sees it (altho they prob wont), even better. As far as "go to another terminal" that is in my opinion a slap in the face when the customer (me) is boarding a flight leaving from D terminal, and I desire to (shocking for AA maybe...) check in at the same terminal.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
There are, afaicr, three check-in areas for Terminal D.
For practical purposes, there are only two "locations." The double positions indicated at D29 are actually the Premium counter to the left of security and Main Cabin counter to the right. The other distinct location is D16.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:11 pm

it;s been a while since I have checked in for a flight out of D. Is the position at D29 the one you would use for premium international route (like DFW-LHR)? I.e. hopefully close to the AC and PreCheck line?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Is the position at D29 the one you would use for premium international route (like DFW-LHR)?
Yes.

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
I.e. hopefully close to the AC and PreCheck line?
Yes. Security is to the immediate right of the counter. Unfortunately, PreCheck is combined with the Premium/Elite line. AC is located to the left after security.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by billpritjr
Thank you everyone for the posts. My post was more of a vent amongst other seasoned travelers, if AA sees it (altho they prob wont), even better.
Not sure what you hope would be accomplished if AA sees your post. It seems you went to the bag drop counter expecting full service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.