Search

booking BA on AA website - biz becomes first

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, Alitalia, Iberia
booking BA on AA website - biz becomes first

Hi guys,

I was checking a biz flight to Hawaii on some online broker. I got solutions for combination like BA-BA-AA for outbound and AA-AA-BA for inbound.

But when I am redirected to AA website to book it, the itinerary summary returns me flight classes as biz-first-first and first-biz-biz. And the price is compatible with a biz flight but not a first class.

As it ever happened to you?Am i really flying first legs if i book it?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:40 am

It's domestic first. Only difference to business: you will receive first miles and tier points.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, Alitalia, Iberia
not really. in the outbound trip, BA-BA-AA, the second BA flagged as first is actually LHR-LAX. I wonder if it really is first there
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I'm confused as to your question. Are you wondering what class of service will be offered on the flight? Look at the operating carrier to see what classes are offered on each flight. To find out what you're buying, you'll need to speak to the online broker to see what inventory you're getting booked into to be sure. That said, AA domestic flights bought as BA codeshares have the first class cabin ticketed as business, so those codeshares earn BAEC miles and tier points as business, not as first. Other than that, what you buy is what you should get, and if you're not then you've been missold.

In the end, you'll need to be a lot more specific to get real answers. And depending on your questions, this may be better located in the BA forum, if you're wondering how you'll earn under BAEC. I hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.