Wiki Posts
Search

Timeline for Merger

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Timeline for Merger

What is the time line for key events for the merger. When will the last US Airways flight operate with that name.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No timeline has been announced yet
When it annouced it will be at the top of the AA & US forums

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-happens.html
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:07 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Maybe I'm just mincing words, but a timeline actually has been announced. "Early 2015" and the April timeframe have been stated.

But, not a specific calendar date yet.....
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I would expect that it will take about the same amount of time as the HP/US merger. So I would expect true integration in about 2017.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
Maybe I'm just mincing words, but a timeline actually has been announced. "Early 2015" and the April timeframe have been stated.

But, not a specific calendar date yet.....
That timing is actually for the Single Operating Certificate. However, they've stated that the reservation system and flight operating systems won't integrate until late 2015. I would expect separate airline codes to exist until that time.

Theoretically, since they have joint codeshare everywhere, they could stop selling the US code today. However, they'd have to continue disclosing the "operated by USAirways" until SOC. Unless of course they got an exception from DOT like they did when they bought TWA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.