Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What happens if my flight is cancelled due to weather?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

I had booked a flight to New York but because of the weather I think there is a good chance it will be cancelled. What happens then and what should I do? If it does gets cancelled I think all the flights around that time will be too, so it's not like they can re-book me into the next flight.

By the way, this flight is booked with points so my credit card flight delay/cancellation insurance doesn't apply. I have to rely on AA to resolve it for me.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
In my case. Its now trip in vain. I need cancellation so i can get a refund
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by 513263337
If it does gets cancelled I think all the flights around that time will be too, so it's not like they can re-book me into the next flight.
Next available flight in this case may be a day or two out, or involve a routing with a connection. Set your original flight up for flight status notification if you don't have that in place, and research the options on your own for when you do call and be able to suggest alternatives.

Your other option would be to cancel the booking and just get your miles back in account.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Just because your flight is cancelled doesn't necessarily mean the next one will be.

With the conditions right now, they are just reducing the number of planes that are coming into JFK/NYC/etc. Flights are still going, but there aren't enough seats because of the decrease in flights.

You should have still paid taxes with a credit card, so insurance may still apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.