Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you aa [Great service during IRROPS]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:

Traveling with two adult granddaughters from MCI to LGA via DFW. We board at MCI and get to the runway--weather in DFW not allowing takeoff or landing. Long story short-back and forth to runway twice--and took off three hours later. BUT..
The crew was amazing. The pilot gave us all the details, had a great sense of humor - passengers allowed to deplane twice at the gate at MCI--crew served oatmeal bars, water--they were helpful, efficient and just a great bunch of people.
I am a very impatient person and if they made this tolerable for me, it was outstanding service. Just sayin^
Old May 26, 2015, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Consider yourself lucky that's not the norm
Old May 26, 2015, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Don't be that way
Old May 26, 2015, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just expressing my frustration with what a .... show this shell of an airline has become. I'll save the details for another thread or my spend on other airlines.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Just expressing my frustration with what a .... show this shell of an airline has become.
No argument. But every now and then-- just for a goof-- let a lone happy/positive thread leak through amongst the avalanche of complaint threads/posts.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Nice to see a "thank you" type thread. It's sure been a while...

I bet it will be short lived though. The rants tend to go for days on end.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thank you for sharing!
Old May 26, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Not what I was expecting....

well, post #2 yes.

Old May 26, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Not what I was expecting....

well, post #2 yes.

I know there are some jaded folks in here, but it's nice to see this original post. I have had my fair share of IRROPS, and it's extremely RARE that employees don't go out of the way for me to help or assist. ORD, DFW, SAN, LAX, and MIA, just a smile and telling them you understand that the delay or IRROP issue is out of their control and that you appreciate their help goes a long way.

Irritable and nasty tones with employees that have zero control over delays or weather doesn't get you anywhere. If #2 carries that attitude to employees it's no wonder he gets no help or assistance.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HIlton Gold
I was flying Edinburgh -> New York -> Dallas -> Tucson Saturday. I saw the forecast for DFW and pre-emptively asked for a re-route to Chicago then Tucson. There were no delays at the time. I tried this at the JFK baggage recheck after customs and they said maybe, but they had to make phone calls. The EXP desk took care if it no questions asked. YMMV, could have been the free same day confirmed flight change for EXP, but I was happy they accommodated. As it turned out my flights were 'ok' - only delayed 2-3 hours but I felt better not have to fly in that weather and worry about making it home that night.

So another kudo to American from me.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA PRO

They were great for me last night too. We were supposed to fly MSY-DFW-PHX. Massive thunderstorms in DFW and MSY.
Called the OSO desk, extremely competent agent answered immediately and had my party of two (in two different records) rebooked for this morning via MIA complete with upgrade requests entered (and fulfilled!)
Old May 26, 2015, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Irritable and nasty tones with employees that have zero control over delays or weather doesn't get you anywhere.
For a time, I worked as a Night Manager at a not-so-well-run hotel. That job consisted of getting yelled at semi-daily for things out of my control. Occasionally, someone would say something like: "I know you didn't cause this problem. I'm just frustrated." Those were the people for which I went over-and-above.

It works well as a customer, too. It lets you express your frustration without putting the person trying to help you on the defensive.
Old May 27, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Lacking proper punctuation, this could be interpreted rather differently, suggesting that the OP feel fortunate that good service isn't the standard. Next time, spring for the semi-colon after "lucky."
Old May 27, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
No argument. But every now and then-- just for a goof-- let a lone happy/positive thread leak through amongst the avalanche of complaint threads/posts.
I agree with Jon. Its always not necessary to rain on the parade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.