Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can 001 tickets be exchanged to also include US flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I have an unused AA ticket with all AA segments on 001 stock.
I would like to exchange this less the $200 fee to include a segment that includes outbound US flight numbers on US equipment and return on AA flight numbers and AA equipment.

Is this allowed?

Of course I could book the AA codeshare on the outbound but booking it as true US saves about $200.

I can't do two one-ways as there is a segment in the middle that needs to be kept and is no longer available.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by chuck1
I have an unused AA ticket with all AA segments on 001 stock.
I would like to exchange this less the $200 fee to include a segment that includes outbound US flight numbers on US equipment and return on AA flight numbers and AA equipment.

Is this allowed?

Of course I could book the AA codeshare on the outbound but booking it as true US saves about $200.
The price and the flights are not the same thing. The real question is what fare basis are you trying to book, and can/will AA issue the ticket.

If AA's fare rules allow, US marketed and operated flights can be put onto the 001 ticket. But this does not mean you would necessarily get the pricing of a US ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.