Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines and US Airways > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Combined Airline and Program)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 11, 15, 12:42 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 543
How to ticket a Award if reservations is too busy (weather)

I have a award reservation on which the Hold expires Wednesday.

AA reservations 433-7300 is too busy because of weather issues and I don't even get the award travel option.

What are my options? Can I call AA in some other country to get through this and get it ticketed?
__________________
M&M peanuts have half life shorter than radioactive uranium...
vishalgupta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 12:45 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: SFO, SIN & Europe
Programs: oneworld emerald (AA EXP 9MM), SPG life plat, Hilton diamond, Accor plat, Esselunga Fìdaty
Posts: 11,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
the Hold expires Wednesday.
Wait until Tuesday? Or Wednesday?

I presume for some reason www.aa.com is not an option (that would be too easy!)
hillrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 1:03 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 14,361
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I have a award reservation on which the Hold expires Wednesday.

AA reservations 433-7300 is too busy because of weather issues and I don't even get the award travel option.

What are my options? Can I call AA in some other country to get through this and get it ticketed?
You can go to an AA airport ticket office, or one of AA's few city ticket offices, and have your award issued there. A fee will apply.
guv1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 1:03 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillrider View Post
Wait until Tuesday? Or Wednesday?

I presume for some reason www.aa.com is not an option (that would be too easy!)
I am a little concerned that the weather thing may get into Wednesday (hope not).

wish aa.com was an option
__________________
M&M peanuts have half life shorter than radioactive uranium...
vishalgupta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 2:23 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ORD (formerly SAN)
Programs: Hilton Hhonors Gold (DH = Diamond); AA nonstatus (DH = Platinum)
Posts: 579
I am having the same issue except my hold expires today!
AtomicLush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 2:38 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas
Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
I am a little concerned that the weather thing may get into Wednesday (hope not).

wish aa.com was an option
Try this afternoon, and just keep trying. DFW is supposed to get hit again starting tomorrow for the next week, so hold times WILL NOT get better.
imapilotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 4:00 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapilotaz View Post
Try this afternoon, and just keep trying. DFW is supposed to get hit again starting tomorrow for the next week, so hold times WILL NOT get better.
It's not even about hold time at this point. The system at this point doesn't even have the 'award travel' option.
__________________
M&M peanuts have half life shorter than radioactive uranium...
vishalgupta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 4:02 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA Gold
Posts: 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
It's not even about hold time at this point. The system at this point doesn't even have the 'award travel' option.
Then just act like you want to make a new reservation to get yourself the ability to speak to anyone on any line.
wrp96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 4:05 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 14,361
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrp96
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
It's not even about hold time at this point. The system at this point doesn't even have the 'award travel' option.
Then just act like you want to make a new reservation to get yourself the ability to speak to anyone on any line.
Or maybe try one of AA's foreign-language lines, just in case any of them has shorter hold times. (I'm pretty sure that all AA agents speak English.)
guv1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 6:06 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 53
I don't care what weather system is happening and where - for a quasi-governmental company like American Airlines / US Airways to not allow customers to speak with an agent (when user cannot complete the function online) is ..... disgraceful and laughable, imo.
Concorde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 6:35 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYS
Programs: NPR
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)
Or maybe try one of AA's foreign-language lines, just in case any of them has shorter hold times. (I'm pretty sure that all AA agents speak English.)
Last winter when there was a blizzard at my connecting city on the day I was supposed to begin travel, I used Skype to call the AA number for Denmark.

This list has worldwide numbers. A very few are language-specific.
kochleffel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 6:51 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IAD
Programs: US-SP; AA-EXP
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde01 View Post
I don't care what weather system is happening and where - for a quasi-governmental company like American Airlines / US Airways to not allow customers to speak with an agent (when user cannot complete the function online) is ..... disgraceful and laughable, imo.
What is your definition of "quasi-governmental company"? I had no idea AA had anything to do with the government.
bevoinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 9:56 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochleffel View Post
Last winter when there was a blizzard at my connecting city on the day I was supposed to begin travel, I used Skype to call the AA number for Denmark.

This list has worldwide numbers. A very few are language-specific.
So I can call any AA office worldwide and get the ticketing done?

That sounds awesome. I will try Singapore or any other Asian number tonight will update tomorrow.
__________________
M&M peanuts have half life shorter than radioactive uranium...
vishalgupta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 10:53 pm   #14
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 45,910
I had no wait getting through at 2200 Central.
__________________
"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilaire Belloc
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 15, 11:02 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS, BED
Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
So I can call any AA office worldwide and get the ticketing done?

That sounds awesome. I will try Singapore or any other Asian number tonight will update tomorrow.
I tried calling AA around 11:30 PM EST (US English) and this time I got through in about 2 minutes.

She said the ticketing should be done in 24 hours. Hope everything goes well.
__________________
M&M peanuts have half life shorter than radioactive uranium...
vishalgupta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:38 pm.