Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Seasonal Service to JAC / Jackson Hole

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Life_Platinum's question was clearly legitimate and based in fact. No 'panic-monkeying' here.
Really?

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
Now I confirmed that AA will drop service with the EXP desk. Too bad, as I hate to fly the competition.
I must have missed the question in there.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by i_fly_AA
Not sure about that one. I have heard that AA receives revenue guarantees from some or all of the Colorado ski markets, but I'm not sure about Jackson Hole. If someone knows, I'd be interested to hear if that's the case.
A few years ago, the lodging association gave guarantees for the winter season only. They have never provided guarantees during the summer.

Even in the winter, the larger planes are often less than half full outside of the peak holiday weeks. I been the only passenger in F more than a few times on DFW-JAC flights flights in January and February.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 4:40 pm

For winter 2010-2011, looks like the Jackson flights have been massively cut for the ski season.

Between ORD-JAC is showing Saturday Only Service from 12-16-10 to 04-04-11.

Between DFW and JAC is showing Wed, Sat, Sun service for about the same dates.

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...obileUAFlag=AA

That said.. it seems like this was somewhat the same way last year until late July when a full weekly schedule loaded in for both ORD and DFW. I hope so! We usually fly midweek to avoid the weekend airport mobs and full planes.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by scubamom
For winter 2010-2011, looks like the Jackson flights have been massively cut for the ski season.

Between ORD-JAC is showing Saturday Only Service from 12-16-10 to 04-04-11.

Between DFW and JAC is showing Wed, Sat, Sun service for about the same dates.

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...obileUAFlag=AA

That said.. it seems like this was somewhat the same way last year until late July when a full weekly schedule loaded in for both ORD and DFW. I hope so! We usually fly midweek to avoid the weekend airport mobs and full planes.
With the current loaded schedules, the Saturday only service from ORD applies to the summer season. The winter service is loaded as daily. As for DFW, you're right, it is only currently loaded as 3x weekly for the winter, which is extremely surprising.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
When will I be able to see AA flights to / from Jackson Hole for next summer?

Very surprised to find that AA waits so long to load their flights and only will sell flights on United Airlines on their website.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
Just returned from JAC / article about air service

We returned from Jackson yesterday. AA flight was full.

There is an article about air service at JAC in the Jackson Hole Magazine. Here's the link:
http://www.lifeinthetetons.com/Jacks...s-of-Aviation/

Article addresses community financial support for airlines, but didn't go into the winter/summer issue. Access to entire article requires registration. I found article interesting, especially about history of airport. Airport is in middle of significant renovation, much overdue. Part of renovation finished is giving airport a real western feel vs. a 1960's "airport-anywhere-in-the-world".
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Thank you, wintersummer. I was going to ask how community support for an airline works in general.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
I just want to know if other FTs know if AA will bring this service back for Summer 2012.

I called AA and they said that summer 2011 service was loaded in November 2010. Since that date has come and gone; as well as the current winter service now back, does anyone know if AA plans to have service this summer to JAC or when it is expected to be loaded for booking? Agents don't have an answer as they are perplexed and fear the worst that JAC is not coming back.

I know the BK is putting a hamper on future service to many destinations. A little inside knowledge would help so I can just try DL or UA to JAC.

Thx
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Go ahead and book Delta. The best I could get was Delta with a connection in SLC.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I don't think I saw the summer schedule was loaded any earlier last year (but if my memory is wrong, please correct me). It's kind of weird that AA chooses to load the schedule so late every year and in the meantime only sell tickets with flights on competitor airlines into Jackson Hole.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:46 pm

AZO-ORD-DFW-JAC for me this winter. I look forward to it. First time in first on AA. Regional aircraft - MD80 - 757 for the trip
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Not sure exactly when the schedule was loaded, but I was able to book IAD-DFW-JAC-DFW-IAD a few weeks ago, for July/August 2012. Confusingly, the link provided above still only shows winter schedules.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW-JAC is scheduled in the summer from 14JUN12 to 29SEP12.
ORD-JAC is scheduled in the summer from 16JUN12 to 18AUG12.

1 daily roundtrip on each citypair.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Does anyone know when winter schedules for ORD-JAC will be loaded?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
DFW-JAC Seasonal Dates for Summer 2014?

Does anybody know the likely seasonal schedule for DFW-JAC in summer 2014? I could not find it on AA.com. The new and seasonal listing only shows this winter.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/newServiceRoutes.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.