Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

How long 'til Exec Plt / EXP / Million Milers get SWU / VIP Systemwide Upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long 'til Exec Plt / EXP / Million Milers get SWU / VIP Systemwide Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite

A friend of mine is ontrack to qualify for the first time as Exe Plt in September 09. When will he get the 8 Systewide Upgrades? Within 48 hours after he qualifies or does he have to wait until Jan 10?
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Few weeks, typically.

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brp
Few weeks, typically.

Cheers.
Actually, my most recent ones posted in a few days. I have no idea if that is a "standard level service" agreement or not though.

Regards
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
deleted

Last edited by bdemaria; Jul 24, 2009 at 3:32 pm
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I flew my qualifying seg on a Saturday, saw the magical "Executive Platinum" label on my account page on Tuesday morning and the eVIPs were in my account Wednesday evening.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I flew my qualifying seg on a Saturday, saw the magical "Executive Platinum" label on my account page on Tuesday morning and the eVIPs were in my account Wednesday evening.
Hmm, sounds like they have updated their record keeping abilities, I wonder if this was when they updated aa.com so that one could view their SWU account online.

Tks for the update
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Hmm, sounds like they have updated their record keeping abilities, I wonder if this was when they updated aa.com so that one could view their SWU account online.

Tks for the update
My pleasure.

Oh, and if it helps this happened within the last 2 weeks.

And as with all personal anecdotes on FT, YMMV.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
question

For a first timer EXP, what is the wording -- what will it say in My Account, when the eVIPs are posted? I keep looking and thinking maybe it is listed there and I just can't see it - thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by travelingmore
For a first timer EXP, what is the wording -- what will it say in My Account, when the eVIPs are posted? I keep looking and thinking maybe it is listed there and I just can't see it - thanks.
I didn't get my congratulatory email from AA until a week after I cleared EXP status.

I discovered that my eVIPs posted when I looked in the View My Upgrades button, a couple of days before the above mentioned email.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
Hello Gamecock - thanks very much - that is just the info I needed; I just didn't notice those tabs in the record. And, hurray, my eVIPs are listed! BTW, when I asked a few AA staff on the phone where to find them, a few days ago, they basically said wait for them to post and not a one mentioned the View My Upgrades tab, so thanks again.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 9:47 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by travelingmore
Hello Gamecock - thanks very much - that is just the info I needed; I just didn't notice those tabs in the record. And, hurray, my eVIPs are listed! BTW, when I asked a few AA staff on the phone where to find them, a few days ago, they basically said wait for them to post and not a one mentioned the View My Upgrades tab, so thanks again.
It's relatively new, and regular phone reps may not be familiar with all the nuances of the website as that's not their area of expertise. I would expect the web services folks to know, though.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Wink

My SWU's were in my account only a couple of hours after reaching requalification level mileage.

Reducing the number of calls to check remaining SWUs, the function of having them all under "My upgrades", promised for many years, finally works well. Major improvement to AA website. ^

Old Jul 25, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
This is great.
I didn't realize that 8 of them were in my account until I saw this thread (thanks FT!)

I thought I had to wait until Feb'10 to see my new eVIPs. BTW, the 'view my upgrade' tab was not so obvious. AA needs a small redesign it make it look like a real tab like the other tabs on top.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by lesenok
This is great.
I didn't realize that 8 of them were in my account until I saw this thread (thanks FT!)

I thought I had to wait until Feb'10 to see my new eVIPs. BTW, the 'view my upgrade' tab was not so obvious. AA needs a small redesign it make it look like a real tab like the other tabs on top.
Not a big deal, IMO. Only EXP's and 1MM INTL or 2MM+ US elites have SWU's anyway - and most know about the tab (if they even care!) Yes, sticker detail is there also, but the summary is also on the main miles page. So, many other things for the web designers to work on first, IMO.

btw - my 8 new SWU's showed up in the account within 24 hours of the re-qualifying flights being posted a few months ago. ^ (Congrats e-mail was about a week later and card within 2 weeks.)
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
How long for eVIPs to post? Any way to expedite?

Sorry if I missed this topic in the search….

I booked a flight to DME for later this month, returning on 8/24. (I thought the $490ai fares from NYC, were too good to pass up, even with the visa fees).

I used my last eVIP to confirm the outbound upgrade. The return wasn't available yet, and I elected not to wait list with miles +co-pay. I crossed the EXP threshold with a flight through DFW this afternoon (BTW, tasty 70th anniversary cake in the terminal C AC).

I called the EXP desk this evening to enquire about either getting on the waitlist with the earned, but not yet posted eVIPs or at least finding out if the posting process could be expedited.

Tried twice and was told that there was a "specific directive" recently sent out agents to prohibiting any actions that would result in a negative eVIP balance and that nothing could be done to expedite the process. I would have to wait for the miles to post (a day or two, which is no problem), but then an undetermined amount of time for the eVIPS to post.

I never paid attention in the past and can't recall how long after EXP qualification does it take for the eVIPS to be deposited.

Should I try another agent? (Something about third time, and charm…)

Any other ideas.?

Thanks as always….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.