Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Search by Fare' no longer available on aa.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
'Search by Price' no longer available on aa.com?

Checking aa.com Reservations page today and I don't see a 'Search by Price' option on Round-Trip or One-Way itineraries although it is still available on Multi-City searches. I'm fairly sure the lowest fare option was there yesterday.

While it's still possible to find the best fare through the 'Price & Schedule' option, if this is deliberate change it's a downgrade in my book.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 21, 2008 at 4:19 am
Old Jun 21, 2008, 4:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Hmm, that's odd. It was definitely there yesterday, but it's gone for me as well.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
price and fare

click on the little ad in the left navbar to see the information about how they've changed it to search by price and schedule, as well as to display the results differently.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by ZeppoX
click on the little ad in the left navbar to see the information about how they've changed it to search by price and schedule, as well as to display the results differently.
Thanks for that but I'm not seeing much that I couldn't do before by Price & Schedule. For 1 ways it's probably as useful but the ability to do a quick check on a round trip best price and itinerary has gone.

For me the best option now is to enter a round trip itinerary as a multi-city and request flights by price. I just don't get why I can't still do that by round-trip price.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
While it's still possible to find the best fare through the 'Price & Schedule' option, if this is deliberate change it's a downgrade in my book.
Why a downgrade?

I just tried it and I kinda like it.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
i dont see the price option either. i usually use the price and sch one, but every once while it came in handy
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
Search by price

Most asinine website change an airline could make. It is not there...was there last night because I booked seats to LAX that way. Who could be SO DUMB? Whoever this mental giant is should lose his/her job. Can't believe AA wants fewer bookings.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:16 am

To me it just seems strange that they would eliminate it before. They had the "price and schedule" option before, but they also had the traditional "price" and "schedule" separate as well. Why limit our choices? (Quick answer = don't let people see the cheap tickets )
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:24 am

I think that you can still get to it by using the multi option
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
works for me. just need to remember that the times are departures whereas round trip wants arrival for return flight
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millionmiler
I think that you can still get to it by using the multi option
That's true but if you now want to change the date or destination you have to go back to the Reservations page. In the past there was a box at the top of the page to make changes to your search and then resubmit.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
That's true but if you now want to change the date or destination you have to go back to the Reservations page. In the past there was a box at the top of the page to make changes to your search and then resubmit.
I understand that its not the same as before.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
Why a downgrade?

I just tried it and I kinda like it.
I agree with blueboys999 and view it as a downgrade too. Price is the over-riding factor for me when booking tickets, the schedule not so important. My main gripe with this change is the length of time it takes for the website to come up with the results for a "Price & Schedule" search. I just ran one this morning and was staring at the screen for almost 30 seconds before the results appeared. Searching by price alone was always a lot quicker
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP+2MM & WN CP
Taking away the search by price is complete BS! So with no bonus and now this, AA.com is becoming somewhat of pointless item for me!

Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:22 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
if orbitz and expedia and the like still have it then what have they accomplished other than driving people to other websites. do they still have the lowest fare guarantee??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.