Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com Can Not Validate My Street Address

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - GLD; MR - GLD;
AA.com Can Not Validate My Street Address

I just moved into a new building that was put up less then a year ago on a street that was just created.

This morning I am trying to update all my accounts and when I entered the address in for my AAdvantage information, I got an error "We are unable to validate your Street address. Please verify and re-submit."

I will calling AA later tonight to hopefully resolve this, but has anyone come across this issue in the past? What was your resolution?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I didn't even know that AA validates street addresses to check for authenticity. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was actually the syntax in the address itself (a *, /, <, etc)

You can always call into AAdvantage and they can do it manually.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This happened to me a few years ago -- I really hate this kind of "technology" that requires constant updating, even though it may not yet even be available.

You have to call and they'll manually deal with it. Annoying.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Can you move back? Maybe your living in a virtual reality building. Second Life maybe?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - GLD; MR - GLD;
Yeah fun, called customer service, they are having issues as well. The best part is that they entered my city wrong, but got the Zip code correct, hopefully i get my plt card!

HAHAAH move back never! I now live 10 mins from LGA versus the 1 hr before!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Same thing happened to me. Had to call CS. big waste of time as I never get any of the targetted offers anyway.

JK
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
I have this issue with a Discover credit card. They keep calling and telling me my address doesn't exsist.....yet every month their bill gets here.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:23 pm

Location: Bklyn, NY. ex-UA 1P, ex-US pref, ex-CO plat, ex-DL sil, ex-HH dmnd. Presently Free Agent
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I didn't even know that AA validates street addresses to check for authenticity. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was actually the syntax in the address itself (a *, /, <, etc)

You can always call into AAdvantage and they can do it manually.
AA validates against an old USPS address list. If your address is in the list with a suite or apt. number it will kick it back unless you input it as well.

A real PITA if you don't use your apt. number in your address, but the previous owner did.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
I have same problem as well. Been ongoing for 2 months. I recently got married and moved into a new construction home. They won't change my address or phone number. Not too worried about it, since address listed is my parents address. I guess I'll have to keep going over there to pick up my mail.

I've tried changing the last name on my wife's account, can't do that either. Can't update name, address, or telephone. I would assume I'd have to call to change her name anyways, even though it's correct on each of our AA Citicard accounts. AA needs a better system in place for updating.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:49 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
When this happened to me it was because our building is technically "123-27 Elm St" but everyone uses "123 Elm St". Once they fixed that one, it wouldn't take an apt number.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
I had the same thing happen when I moved to NJ almost 2 years ago. The issue is that the post office is in Hightstown but I live in East Windsor. I finally had to enter Hightstown as my city even though it's not, and the AA web site accepted it. So, if you know that your post office is located in a different city, try entering that city name.

My account did get magically updated and does list my correct city now without any action by me.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
I think my main problem may not be the city, but rather the zip code. My city added a new zip code and I'm guessing that's why it isn't picking it up. I'm weary about putting the wrong zip, since my city has 3 now.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:30 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rmc1
I had the same thing happen when I moved to NJ almost 2 years ago.
Yeah, but it's Jersey, so it's understandable .

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by laguardiaguy
AA validates against an old USPS address list. If your address is in the list with a suite or apt. number it will kick it back unless you input it as well.

A real PITA if you don't use your apt. number in your address, but the previous owner did.
What's your source for this information?

I'm not buying it. Several years ago I moved into a newly constructed house on a newly created street and had no problems whatsoever.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by Blumie
What's your source for this information?

I'm not buying it. Several years ago I moved into a newly constructed house on a newly created street and had no problems whatsoever.
I agree, I'm a bit skeptical about this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.