Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

"More Room Throughout Coach For More Coach Passengers"-s/b "Less Coach Passengers"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"More Room Throughout Coach For More Coach Passengers"-s/b "Less Coach Passengers"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

i just called American and on their recorded message they say "More Room Throughout Coach for More Coach Passengers."

If there is more room (i.e., they had to rip out coach rows), isn't there more room throughout coach for fewer coach passengers since there are now fewer coach seats?

Or, are they comparing themselves to United that only offers more room for certain coach passengers? and, do they expect joe public to realize that their comparison is with united?

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 02-11-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:08 am

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
MRTC is more room for all coach passengers, not like UA with E+
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
We all know that logic and marketing don't go hand in hand.

But your observation is true
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Fly-

While there certainly are fewer passengers traveling today as compared to when MRTC was rolled out, I have been on a few flights in (gasp!) the Y (I'm sorry, I meant Coach, Economy or Main Cabin) on very full flights. I can say that I truly appeciated those extra 3 inches of pitch and not having to worry about grabbing one of only a few seats in the Y (dang, there I go again with codes) that have it (ala United). Of course, one can always fly CO (I mean Continental) and be guaranteed of having 30-31 inches of pitch.

That being said, what was the point of your post anyway?
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
i just called American and on their recorded message they say "More Room Throughout Coach for More Coach Passengers."

If there is more room (i.e., they had to rip out coach rows), isn't there more room throughout coach for fewer coach passengers since there are now fewer coach seats?
</font>
fctsty, that is a deep thought.

Pretty astute observation, too.

Can't have both now, can you?? Can't have more room and more coach pax.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:18 pm

Great observation, but it is a comparison to UA's E+

I am sure there will be some FT person out there who will ask about possible compensation from AA for the confusion...

Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA/UA/BA
Err, what exactly is the point of this post.......?

I mean, you get MRTC in every seat on AA. We all know this, it's been around for ages. Did we learn something new? No!
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FWAAA:
...Can't have both now, can you?? Can't have more room and more coach pax. </font>
Sure you can... Rip out the first & business class cabins, replace it all with More Room Throughout Coach seating. Then you'll have more room and more coach passengers.

Of course, this entire topic is a bit idiotic.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 1:26 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
Sure you can... Rip out the first & business class cabins, replace it all with More Room Throughout Coach seating. Then you'll have more room and more coach passengers.</font>
That's what American Eagle (AE) is.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 1:59 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
American Eagle doesn't have More Room Throughout Coach.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:10 pm

Programs: Avis First, AA plebian :(
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
American Eagle doesn't have More Room Throughout Coach.</font>
Indeed. They have Less Room Throughout Coach. Oh, we were talking about pitch? In that case, I suppose you could call it Equivalent Room Throughout Coach.

Boy, are those seats narrow!

-Nathan

Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
Err, what exactly is the point of this post.......?

I mean, you get MRTC in every seat on AA. We all know this, it's been around for ages. Did we learn something new? No!
</font>
It's like a random musing by FCTSTY about the way AA phrased their jingle. It serves no real purpose.

Think of it like that Saturday Night Live skit "Jack Handy's ....Deep Thoughts" where obvious and trivial things are repeated in a solemn sounding voiceover. Sometimes it's amusing.

Most of the time, you just shake your head and change the channel.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:36 pm
Suspended

For those of you who aren't familiar with the FT "contributions" of the poster in question-- take my word for it; this is one of his better posts.

By the way I'm rubber and you're glue... so don't bother...

[This message has been edited by JonNYC (edited 02-11-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

the point is quite simple. as i said, when i dialed into the Platinum line i was greeted by the following message: "More Room Throughout Coach for More Coach Passengers." it struck me as a bit odd since more room should equate to fewer passengers since there are fewer seats.

the only way American would be right is the following:
1) it ripped out first class seats to make room for more coach seats
2) MRTC attracts more people to fly AA than the competition thereby winning some converts
3) it was comparing itself to United. in that case, more room is for the entire coach area so its claim would be correct
or 4) other ways that my fellow FT'ers could figure out.

and, yes, JonNYC--it takes one to know one.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:23 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
American Eagle doesn't have More Room Throughout Coach.</font>
And they don't have 1st Class nor Business Class neither. My point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.