Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does min 4 segments requirement apply to codeshares?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Does min 4 segments requirement apply to codeshares?

I am going to be qualified for Plat on AA soon but I was flying only partners but with AA codes. I usually book through AA.com with aa flight numbers but mostly partners. Do I still have to fly on AA metal to qualify for a status? The website says:
Members must fly at least four segments on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier to qualify for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Gold status within the qualifying year.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
The requirement to fly four AA segments is not enforced (currently)

For instance, I've recently re-qualified for Gold, without flying any AA segments at all (all travel was on partner airlines, no AA flight numbers at all)
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
thank you, I hope they still keep it that way until the end of this year
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
As mentioned above this s not currently enforced with AAdvantage. If they did start to enforce it I could imagine the same rules as BAEC would apply (replacing BA with AA).

For BAEC you need 4 BA qualifying flights, they can be any flight with a BA code, or any flight with a oneworld code but operated by BA metal. So BA code shares on AA metal would work as well as AA code shares on BA metal.

As AA has this rule it means they could start to silently enforce it from any point forward, so keep a close eye on this forum to make sure you don't miss a change in policy.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
My PLT qualification for the last two years was all on CX flights to and from Asia and I doubt they will ever change this to be a hard and fast rule.

I have AA flights to and from CA but not enough for PLT. Two round trips in J or F on CX is more than enough to qualify annually.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As well, AA has treated AA codeshares (operated by oneworld and partners) as if they were AA flights in most circumstances. But for now, the segment requirement has not been enforced in years - perhaps since it was written.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.