Wiki Posts
Search

RDU clubs

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
RDU clubs

I am flying to Costa Rica in the am on AA but I really don't care much for the AA club at RDU and am wondering if It is worth trying out the US Air club tomorrow morning? I assume AMEX plat card holders can still access US Air clubs??
Old May 5, 2013, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
I am flying to Costa Rica in the am on AA but I really don't care much for the AA club at RDU and am wondering if It is worth trying out the US Air club tomorrow morning? I assume AMEX plat card holders can still access US Air clubs??
Wow. This is one of my favorite small clubs in the system. What don't you like about it? Some of the best staff around and a good space except when it gets crowded for the evening LHR flight.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sts603
Wow. This is one of my favorite small clubs in the system. What don't you like about it? Some of the best staff around and a good space except when it gets crowded for the evening LHR flight.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Never been to the US club at RDU, but supposedly it's smaller.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
There's a dedicated thread to the US Air club @ RDU on the US Air forum which includes photos (well, a link to photos).

And while I too am a fan of the RDU club, I must say that the US Air club look pretty nice in the photos.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I think I was spoiled at the Delta Club by lots of munchies morning noon and night!! The AA club is a pretty club no doubt, but the last time I was there in the morning all they had was a few tiny muffins and coffee. I had to end up buying breakfast in the terminal. Hoping the US Air club had a better breakfast selection. If not I might skip the clubs altogether and just eat at one of the terminal restarants.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Though the US Club looks alright in the photos, it's one big room. The AC at least offers some smaller rooms if you want privacy or need to make calls, etc.

AC>US any day.. Hopefully the AC will be the surviving club.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: A few
I think all three of the RDU clubs (AA, Delta and US) are about par. Don't think you will find any improved breakfast at the US Air club

Wonder if United will take over the US club once AA/US merger is done?
Old May 5, 2013, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I think all three of the RDU clubs (AA, Delta and US) are about par. Don't think you will find any improved breakfast at the US Air club

Wonder if United will take over the US club once AA/US merger is done?
The lighting in the DL hub is hideous compared to the AA club. Haven't been to the US club.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:16 pm

The AA club is nice, but I've seen it packed to the point of having difficulty finding a seat.

I like the US club there, feels quite classy. Both are nicer than the Sky Club, which feels find of run down.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Platinum Card Access1*
To gain admission, simply present your Platinum Card, a government issued ID, and a ticket valid for same-day travel to the club agent in:
  • American Airlines Admirals Clubs®
  • Delta Sky Clubs®
  • US Airways Clubs® (Note: ticket not required for US Airways Clubs)
  • Airspace Lounges3 (BWI, CLE and JFK)
Your Spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, may join you
Ticket must be on the club's corresponding airline. (Obviously US Airways is the exception.)

P.S. We can only hope AMEX Platinum will allow admission to the expanded stable of lounges should the US-AA reverse takeover merger come to fruition.

Originally Posted by NC_Girl

Last edited by JDiver; May 6, 2013 at 6:32 am Reason: add USAC exception highlight
Old May 6, 2013, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
DL SC has a very wide variety of breakfast food-bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. RDU AC does have a shower.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Of course, what airline one is flying or has club privileges may be the sole determinant of which lounge one ends up using.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
DL SC has a very wide variety of breakfast food-bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. RDU AC does have a shower.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I like the AA club at RDU better than the US club. The US club is small and I like the food at AA better. Of the three clubs at RDU, DL is the winner.

Your AMEX plat card will get you into the US club no matter who you fly with. DL and AA insist you fly with them.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
RDU clubs

I like the RDU AC a lot, but DL definitely has a better selection of free eats, especially at breakfast. I have yet to visit the US club.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by Bttc
The AA club is nice, but I've seen it packed to the point of having difficulty finding a seat.
Usually happens only from 5 to 6 pm because everyone flying C to LHR will hang out in the AC first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.