Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AA airline with rudest employees - survey

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...airlines.html/
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Stupid calculations too... The comparison should based on a the percentage of rude divided by the percentage of traffic, not by simply subtracting one percentage from the other.
After all, their calculation ranked AA and Spirit in a tie at 9 percent, when Spirit has 10 times the rude percentage as it's traffic percentage

With my math, Spirit would get a score of 10, AA would get a score of 1.36 (25/16). That makes Spirit about 8 times Worse than AA
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BStrauss3
It's the Dallas (Morning) News. You have to EXPECT stupid. 47 states spend more per-pupil on education than we do (look out Utah and Nevada).
Is it the Dallas Morning News' research or are they just reporting on airfare watch.com?

Either way i think it underscores that AA employees are nothing special and that there is quite a bit of work to do if AA wants to regain their position as a premium provider. @:-) <redacted>

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:50 am
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Is it the Dallas Morning News' research or are they just reporting on airfare watch.com?

Either way i think it underscores that AA employees are nothing special and that there is quite a bit of work to do if AA wants to regain their position as a premium provider. @:-)
<redacted> just pointing out that their way of comparing the carriers was flawed. They were smart enough to know a calculation had to be made for a valid comparison, but not smart enough to know how to do it.
Clearly, an airline with 1 percent of the traffic getting 10 percent of the rudeness vote is not equal to one with an airline with 16 percent of the traffic getting 25 percent of the rudeness vote. Of course AA needs to improve, but let's not go confusing it with Spirit.

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:50 am
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, AmericanAdvantage Gold
These people have never flown PMCO then, which has some of the rudest employees in the industry. American has much nicer people then the old PMCO employees who now work for United.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Yes, the "study" might be flawed. Then again, it's not a study or poll, it's a survey. It would make a good Family Feud question.

However, that doesn't dismiss the fact that AA needs to improve in the customer service area.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Ok, but what airline doesn't? CX? Oh wait.
Let me rephrase that. What US airline doesn't?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Yeah, that's a scientific way to determine AA employees are nothing special. Bashers are no better then those who are on the other end of the spectrum.

I happen to think AA does a fine job and they will continue to receive my 100,000+ miles every year.
Not a basher -- just re-enforces that AA like the other legacy carriers is nothing special - which at one time DL, UA and AA were recognized worldwide as top notch carriers for service. They've all slipped IMO.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
All US based carriers could do better if you ask me. There really isnt much difference between the best and worst US carrier.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
AA employees are better than most others IMO, they are usually very nice to me. Sure there are bad apples but you have that in every industry and company.

IMO PM-UA is the absolute worst. Go to IAD or ORD, the UA gate agents there are absolutely awful they need serious customer service training they are clueless regarding how to serve people. PM-UA FAs are also bitter, I've seen them yell and shout at passengers, talk on their personal mobile phones during boarding and ignore passengers totally.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DWFI
Ok, but what airline doesn't? CX? Oh wait.
Let me rephrase that. What US airline doesn't?
Well it really depends on what you define as an employee. As far as gate agents and cabin crews go, yeah US Airlines are the worst. However, my worst experience with customer service has actually been with BA's US call center.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:39 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Not a basher -- just re-enforces that AA like the other legacy carriers is nothing special - which at one time DL, UA and AA were recognized worldwide as top notch carriers for service. They've all slipped IMO.
Undoubtedly. But the "study" purports to do some "analysis-based" ranking. Given the poor quality of the "analysis," that part is garbage. A general "US airlines need CS improvement" with a survey, and not a fallacious "ranking" would have made more sense.

Personally, I have seen slips in some areas, not others. FA service is still as good as ever, probably better on average. They seem to have cared more this year and provided better service than in the past. A higher percentage going above and beyond, and a higher percentage moving from "good" to "very good." Overall improvement.

GA attitude hasn't actually slipped, IME. It was "just OK" to "lacking" in the past, and it still seems to be. Although the quick turn-around, including cleaning, on a late-arriving flight was reminiscent of WN and gave some hope.

I find that EXP desk service is not as good as it was. Not because of bad attitude, really. Just less knowledge and less going above and beyond to get something done. I still blame the closing of Tucson, and the loss of those agents, for that. But it is very palpable.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by norf9
Well it really depends on what you define as an employee. As far as gate agents and cabin crews go, yeah US Airlines are the worst. However, my worst experience with customer service has actually been with BA's US call center.
I'm guessing you've never dealt with any KLM "this is not possible" GA's.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
What company doesn't have rude employees.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LBJ
I'm guessing you've never dealt with any KLM "this is not possible" GA's.
I've had AA GA's in BOS mock me and laugh in my face (ahhh I so love Boston ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.