Search

Instant Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Instant Upgrade

Hi

first time here in the AA section, usually fly with BA.

I have booked a instant upgrade fromMIA to ATL in July and the staus is purchased rather than tickited. does anmyone know how long this takes to change? and is my place on the plane guarenteed with this booking?

i used my BA number rather than my AAdvantage number as i need the tier points and m,iles there more. but the booking does not show on my AA or BA account as yet.

was only placed 30 mins ago, but most bookings show there instantly.

Is there anything i need to do?

Thanks
Old May 21, 2012, 5:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by stewaran
Hi

first time here in the AA section, usually fly with BA.

I have booked a instant upgrade fromMIA to ATL in July and the staus is purchased rather than tickited. does anmyone know how long this takes to change? and is my place on the plane guarenteed with this booking?

i used my BA number rather than my AAdvantage number as i need the tier points and m,iles there more. but the booking does not show on my AA or BA account as yet.

was only placed 30 mins ago, but most bookings show there instantly.

Is there anything i need to do?

Thanks
Nothing to worry about. AA does not do instant ticketing. It takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Even though you used your BA FF number, I assume you booked on AA.com?
Old May 21, 2012, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by controller1
Nothing to worry about. AA does not do instant ticketing. It takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Even though you used your BA FF number, I assume you booked on AA.com?
Yes i booked through AA.com and have the record locator saved and even the seat number.

it was actually cheaper than Y which is nice!
Old May 21, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Poster

back from lunch and have my e-ticket!
Old May 21, 2012, 6:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by stewaran
back from lunch and have my e-ticket!
It's worth keeping in mind that AA was an innovator in the world of flight booking and yield management automation, but halted its innovation some years ago.

In all seriousness, it is not uncommon for ticketing to take a while, as you've now learned. Nothing to worry about.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks both for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.