Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Accuses me of stealing a blanket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

FA Accuses me of stealing a blanket

I was on flight 2043 on 1-5 returning from a cruise. We boarded the plane and took Off. A few minutes into the flight I took a blanket from my bag and put it around me. A few more minutes I am reading my book minding my own business and the FA comes by and said "Where did you get that blanket?"
I was a little surprised and said I dont remember. She the responded that there is a blanket missing in first class. I said well I had this in my bag and bought it on the plane with me. She responded where did you get it? I said I dont remember. She said "Well if you took it from American Airlines then that is stealing" and tried to look at the tag. I was furious amd totally embaressed. I said are you serious and threw the blanket at her. She took the blanket and marched to first classs and gave it to the first class passenger. GROSS. What I wanted to do was follow the FA and tell the first class passenger I had lice.
I have had this blanket for over a year and have used it on other flights. A few minutes later I remembered that my sister gave it to me as a Christmas present along with an inflatable pillow. Of course I steamed the whole way home and when I returned called AA. They were aploogetic and asked me to send an e mail. I hope this Fa is reprimanded
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
perhaps take a blanket from an airline that you aren't flying!.....i don't take one, but i would take a braniff if i did...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:13 pm

Couldn't you have just let her look at the tag and embarrass herself? Or was it a blanket from AA?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by SPEIDEN
I was on flight 2043 on 1-5 returning from a cruise. We boarded the plane and took Off. A few minutes into the flight I took a blanket from my bag and put it around me. A few more minutes I am reading my book minding my own business and the FA comes by and said "Where did you get that blanket?"
I was a little surprised and said I dont remember. She the responded that there is a blanket missing in first class. I said well I had this in my bag and bought it on the plane with me. She responded where did you get it? I said I dont remember. She said "Well if you took it from American Airlines then that is stealing" and tried to look at the tag. I was furious amd totally embaressed. I said are you serious and threw the blanket at her.
Just why did you give it to her? It doesn't make any sense that you would give her a blanket you brought on board with you.

Nonetheless, the FA sounds nutty.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
This sounds bizarre. Was it the same as an AA domestic FC blanket???? …I hope you didn’t “go all out” last year (or this year) on your sister’s gift.

Safe Travels
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
Couldn't you have just let her look at the tag and embarrass herself? Or was it a blanket from AA?
Word. Is this "overreaction Saturday" or what? Jeez.

Cheers.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
You gave your personal blanket to the FA.... who accepted it, and after looking at the tag, I would assume, did not come back with it and say "whoops".

Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
I sat next to someone on a TATL in coach a few years back, boarding was still going on and she pulls out a duvet from her bag like the ones from J. A FA walked by and recognized the duvet and a similar confrontation ensued. The person next to me couldn't say more than "a friend gave it to her", but since it was clearly an AA duvet even if it was true it wasn't her friend's to give. The Captain even came back to deal with it. I almost got an upgrade of no neighbor for that flight.

Come to think of it, it happened on another flight I was on too where a guy almost got dragged from the plane over the issue. He alleged he bought it on board, even though they do not sell the duvets as far as I know.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Must have been an AA blanket.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:27 pm

Why on earth would you just give someone your personal property?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

I remember seeing a couple of little old ladies from Y snagging the blankets and pillows off the first class deck in Europe at the end of a flight once. Wonder if they were looking for Christmas presents?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Shaking my head.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Because we're trained to submit to "authority" and that if we fight back we're a terrorist.

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Why on earth would you just give someone your personal property?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by SPEIDEN
I was a little surprised and said I dont remember. She the responded that there is a blanket missing in first class. I said well I had this in my bag and bought it on the plane with me. She responded where did you get it? I said I dont remember. She said "Well if you took it from American Airlines then that is stealing" and tried to look at the tag. I was furious amd totally embaressed. I said are you serious and threw the blanket at her. She took the blanket and marched to first classs and gave it to the first class passenger. GROSS. What I wanted to do was follow the FA and tell the first class passenger I had lice.
I have had this blanket for over a year and have used it on other flights. A few minutes later I remembered that my sister gave it to me as a Christmas present along with an inflatable pillow. Of course I steamed the whole way home and when I returned called AA. They were aploogetic and asked me to send an e mail. I hope this Fa is reprimanded
So rather than being polite you threw the blanket at her? You should have been thrown out of the flight for your reckless attitude. While the F/A might have been confrontational, there were ways to handle this particular situation.

You could have told her while you weren't 100% sure if you received it as a gift or purchased it, but you certainly didn't steal it from any plane.

When she asked you again "where did you get it?" she gave you another opportunity to let her know it wasn't stolen.

You tried to look at the tag but then what happened? Was the tag there? Did it say AA/American Airlines? Did the tag fly away?

Did you remember a few minutes after getting off the flight that your sister had given it to you or a few minutes into the flight?

Of all my years on FT, this has got to be one of the most sorry rants I've ever read..
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Not related to OP, but just want to share a story.
I remember a flight last year, can't really remember on what route, but it's a 4 hours flight. I was seated on 6E on MD, a lady came on board and grabbed a blanket and flee to coach. When all seated, 5B asked for blanket. FA was looking around for quit a while and said among FAs, "it should be enough." Later on, another FA from coach, very loudy, asked (9D or 10D) who was using the blanket, "where do you get this?" the Lady said, "I brought it myself." The FA said, "it's American's Blanket and it's not for sale." Anothe passenger yell, "I saw her took it from first class". The FA immediately took it away from her (without further conversation) and gave it the first FA, then gave it to 5B. Surprisingly, the lady just said nothing, and remained calm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.