Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated-archival)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated-archival)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

So, the family and I are on 25k AAnytime award tickets and were scheduled to leave out on AA 1310 out of FLL at 615pm. I got a call at 930am this morning and they said the flight was cancelled. We call AA and they say they can't get us out until Wed afternoon, this doesn't work for us as the wife has to be back to work Tues morning. They have booked her out of MIA tomorrow morning and she'll be in DFW at 10am so she'll just be a little bit late for work. They have my son and I on a flight on Wed out of FLL in the afternoon, the problem is my son is 3 and the seats are separated by the aisle. He is not gonna be a happy camper at all.

There are seats open in first, should I call back and push to be seated together in First ? The agent we spoke with the first time acted like she was doing us a favor even re-booking us. Is it worth pursuing?

--wes

==============MODERATOR NOTE=================

Please use this thread to report and discuss American Airlines (and AA-coded American Eagle, SkyWest, ExpressJet and Executive Airlines ) flights occurring in C/Y 2012.

The 2013 thread can be found here.

Thanks! American AAdvantage Moderation Team

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 25, 2012 at 4:46 pm Reason: add moderator note
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

As well, one can use the KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information. This tool also has access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights. ExpertFlyer also now provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section - read here for further information.

For current and forecasted weather delays, check out: Weather.com Airport Delays

To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, try FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 25, 2012 at 4:45 pm Reason: add mod note
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:35 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
flight cancelled 15 hours before departure

I was to be on 707, lga-dfw (dep: 6:59 am) on 1/6/12. At 4 pm est I received an automated call that my flight was cancelled, and they would contact me with alternatives "soon". I immediately logged onto expert flyer and found my own alternatives.
There are NO special weather conditions in NYC nor DFW. Could this be in anyway related to Chap. 11?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
My wife's flight, 744 which is DFW-LGA, was cancelled tonight. I wonder if it's related?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:38 pm

It's hard to say, but since Chapter 11 is the scapegoat of the day, sure, go for it.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by phil_flyer
My wife's flight, 744 which is DFW-LGA, was cancelled tonight. I wonder if it's related?
744 appears to have been cancelled last night too.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy
744 appears to have been cancelled last night too.
But 707 wasn't canceled today...

EF shows the canceled 707 and two 744s as just going out of service.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:42 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
I was to be on 707, lga-dfw (dep: 6:59 am) on 1/6/12. At 4 pm est I received an automated call that my flight was cancelled, and they would contact me with alternatives "soon". I immediately logged onto expert flyer and found my own alternatives.
There are NO special weather conditions in NYC nor DFW. Could this be in anyway related to Chap. 11?
An inbound aircraft from DFW was cancelled, causing a cancellation of your flight.

Be happy you received advanced notice. Better today that int eh wee hours.

Code:
LGA                     659A     D8
DFW   C25 C  C26 1009A
1FX CANCEL LGA -DFW -RMKS ACCT A/C N3EM OTS DFW  *1458
7LGA/AUTO REACCOM CANCELLED FLT   SEE N*0707JAN06LGA     *1515*CRCYMG
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
EF shows the canceled 707 and two 744s as just going out of service.
Funny that both flight numbers correspond to aircraft types. If AA is still flying 707s, no wonder they keep going out of service
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:17 pm

AA614. DFW-BOS cancelled on 1/4. Thankfully my inbound landed early and a delay on AA560 turned an illegal connection into a doable option. AAngel in the AC told me the scheduled 752 went mechanical. In a strange twist, I actually got home 2 hours earlier than expected. Checked luggage arrived in the morning after coming in on AA610.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Delay/Diversion on 64/65 JFK/ZRH/JFK of Jan 4/5 ?

Hi all,

I flew CDG/ZRH/JFK yesterday Jan 5 on SWISS (Fare sale in J)

Transiting in ZRH, I noticed pandemonium at the AA gate with AA 65 indicated as "Delayed Weather" from 10.10 to 12.50. No AA aircraft in sight. AA.com seems to indicate that 64 landed in CDG instead of ZRH but no departure/arrival/actual times posted. AA 65/Jan 5 irretrievable, it jumps to JAN 6.

MY LX flight CDG/ZRH arrived CDG on time from ZRH at 9 AM, left on time at 9.50 and landed in ZRH 25 mnts early at 10.40, very quick flight, very windy/bumpy all the way. (A320).

ZRH/JFK on LX 14 left on time at 1 PM as seemingly did all traffic out of ZRH. Still no AA metal in sight. OK weather departing.

Any idea what happened with the AA flight ?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:41 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
AA/65 ZRH-JFK ultimately cancelled on 1/5.

AA/64 JFK-ZRH cancelled on 1/5 as well, suggesting that the plane from 1/4's JFK-ZRH is still in ZRH and will fly 1/6 ZRH-JFK.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Wow, it was quite the diversion! According to aacargo.com, 64 diverted to MXP, then flew to CDG, and arrived in ZRH this morning.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
AA/65 ZRH-JFK ultimately cancelled on 1/5.

AA/64 JFK-ZRH cancelled on 1/5 as well, suggesting that the plane from 1/4's JFK-ZRH is still in ZRH and will fly 1/6 ZRH-JFK.
Hard to understand why they would have backtracked to CDG frm MXP when ZRH was open, running and on-time. Flying MXP-ZRH would have caused minimal delay to 64's arrival and positioned the aircraft to operate 65 on time or close, nothing like a cancellation.

This is a problem I have found with AA for years, legitimate diversions followed by inept rerouting and disastrous operating consequences, not to mention inconveniences to passengers. They seem to fixate only on sending planes to where they have their own handling.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by WChou
AA614. DFW-BOS cancelled on 1/4.
AA 674 & AA 1027 on 1/6

What's up with the 752s to BOS? I'm on a MR right now, and my turnaround on AA 674 / AA 1027 has been cancelled. Fortunately I was able to do standby for an earlier flight (AA 1466). I'm hoping to make it back on the same plane (AA 2457). The next flight out is at 3:25 PM, and it's been zeroed out.

It's times like this when I wish the EXP desk had an e-mail address. I'm on Gogo and have no way of contacting them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.