Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA & EY / Etihad Airways launch reciprocal miles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Excellent news indeed!
I hope they will not restrict EY F redemptions.
Good bye LHR & fuel surcharges on flights from Dubai/Abu Dhabi
How does EY F compare to the best F experiences? Where Does EY fly F routes?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
That's probably the best miles redemption deal in the entire world ^
How many miles is that one way?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by nologic
How many miles is that one way?
90K.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
It's pretty amazing - especially the limo service and the F check in experience at AUH.
But I think I like CX F even better - better inflight service and food.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: A few
Among the very best in my experience and opinion. I have done SQ, CX, LH, EY etc and rank EK right up there with them. Hard product is the best, soft product good too
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Hi, newbie to this forum here so sorry if you guys have discussed this elsewhere.

My wife and I have 40k AA miles from the MBNA credit card here in UK.

I have just booked us two first class flights on Etihad from LHR to Abu Dhabi one way. I had to call AA to do this.

They have booked them but on 2 different PNR's. For the last few days the status of these bookings on AA was coming up as "requested", but today it is showing as "ticketed"

The AA agent could not request the 2 seats together during the booking process, so I have been onto Etihad website and checkmytrip and neither of the record locators from AA are recognised.

So two questions;

Do I have to call AA again to get the seats together?
Can I use the Etihad chauffeur service having redeemed AA miles on Etihad?

Thanks

G
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:56 am

Geoggy - call AA and ask them for the Etihad record locators. They will be different to the AA ones. You can then use those on Etihad web site

As long as you not transiting in AUH you will be able to use the chauffeur service
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Geoggy - call AA and ask them for the Etihad record locators. They will be different to the AA ones. You can then use those on Etihad web site

As long as you not transiting in AUH you will be able to use the chauffeur service
many thanks - i just need taking to the IC in Dubai from AUH is that classed as transiting?

also as my wife and I are on separate PNR's do we both need to book the limo or not?

Last edited by Geoggy; Oct 19, 2013 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
many thanks - i just need taking to the IC in Dubai from AUH is that classed as transiting?

also as my wife and I are on separate PNR's do we both need to book the limo or not?
no you are fine. transiting means you are taking another onward flight somewhere else on the same ticket. if your destination is abu dhabi, you can use the chauffeur anywhere within the uae so ic in dubai will be fine

if you are on separate limos only need to book one and she can ride with you. or you could book two and have fun trying to get the drivers to race each other
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:49 am

thanks. on call to AA - shes saying there is only one record locator number. told her to go and check!

EDIT : finally got them. Can now login but it wont let me assign seats online at all. Is that right? When I click on seats a dialogue box opens with all random text in. Checkmytrip still doesn't recognise the Etihad record locators ??

I have booked the chauffeur!

Last edited by Geoggy; Oct 19, 2013 at 8:05 am
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:11 am

thanks. on call to AA - shes saying there is only one record locator number. told her to go and check!

EDIT : finally got them. Can now login but it wont let me assign seats online at all. Is that right? When I click on seats a dialogue box opens with all random text in. Checkmytrip still doesn't recognise the Etihad record locators ??

I have booked the chauffeur!
i've had problems with the web site... you may just have to call in to etihad and do over phone
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
i've had problems with the web site... you may just have to call in to etihad and do over phone
Same here. I've had trouble on the website with an AA codeshare and an EY coded flight, but I was able to get the seats assigned over the phone.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
AA & EY / Etihad Airways launch reciprocal miles redemptions

You'll need to call Etihad. Their website is the pits.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:38 am

Yes call Etihad. They were great and sorted seats and confirmed chauffeur
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
so I have been onto Etihad website and checkmytrip and neither of the record locators from AA are recognised.

I had the same problem. When I talked to EY they said that reservations not booked through EY will not be shown online even with an EY code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.