Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo Code Not Valid?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Promo Code Not Valid?

Does anyone know if AA disables promo codes after a certain amount of people use them? I was checking into flights this week using the 15% off code widely distributed across the interwebs and all of a sudden this morning the AA website says :
"The Promotion Code entered is not valid. Please enter a valid Promotion Code, or remove to continue. "

Usually if I enter a code and my dates are out of range or the minimum stay breaks the rules it will come back and give me the flights but not apply the discount. This time it just flat out says the code is bad, even though the promo code rules page is still up.

https://www.aa.com/reservation/viewD...untCode=4681BX

Anybody else having the same problem?
-TK
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by tkarrade
Anybody else having the same problem?
Happened to me recently. For the heck of it, I called to see what was wrong with the code. Turns out it was provided by AA's meetings department or some such thing for a specific group, and when the code went viral, they declared it void. Hope this explanation helps.

Prolix
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prolix
Happened to me recently. For the heck of it, I called to see what was wrong with the code. Turns out it was provided by AA's meetings department or some such thing for a specific group, and when the code went viral, they declared it void. Hope this explanation helps.

Prolix
Wow... that is unfortunate. I guess when I'm ready to book I'll give them a call and see if we can work something out. I hope they honor it anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.
-TK
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by tkarrade
Wow... that is unfortunate. I guess when I'm ready to book I'll give them a call and see if we can work something out. I hope they honor it anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.
-TK
you got the code from the people organizing the meeting/convention?...i would call and explain that you are going.... aa should honor it in that case....i think you should get it!....good luck...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:20 am

Void Promo Code

Yeah, I just talked to the AA ppl and they said that the promo code has been voided...no luck in trying to get them to validate it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.