Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Membership Enrollment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Admirals Club Membership Enrollment Questions

Planning on joining before my flights around Thanksgiving time. Using the 20% LIFE promotion as well.

-Is there any advantage/disadvantage to joining online vs over the phone vs live in a club?
- How long after you sign up can you access lounge (is it immediate or does it take time to process?)
- How long does it take to get your AC card?

THANKS FT!!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by ssafro1
Planning on joining before my flights around Thanksgiving time. Using the 20% LIFE promotion as well.

-Is there any advantage/disadvantage to joining online vs over the phone vs live in a club?
- How long after you sign up can you access lounge (is it immediate or does it take time to process?)

THANKS FT!!
I don't know how long activation takes, but you don't need to use your AC card. You can use your GLD, PLT, EXP card. They can swipe it and figure out you belong with the million others in the already crowded AC.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

THANKS FT!!
Over the phone might be better.
I called and said I wanted to join/renew. (my membership had lapsed about 3 years ago)
The CSR looked around for some "deals" and I got in for $280.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum (OW Sapphire), HHonors Diamond, National Executive Asile

THANKS FT!!
Still waiting for my AC card to come in the mail ... I renewed last month on October 12. Once you join, your AC membership is immediate. If you renew at the AC they will give you a receipt; not unlike an airline ticket. My current AC membership card says its expires November 30, 2010.

AC membership is for 1-year and runs though the end of the month; so my guess is if you join now, your membership will be good through November 30, 2011.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by llippert
Still waiting for my AC card to come in the mail ... I renewed last month on October 12. Once you join, your AC membership is immediate. If you renew at the AC they will give you a receipt; not unlike an airline ticket. My current AC membership card says its expires November 30, 2010.

AC membership is for 1-year and runs though the end of the month; so my guess is if you join now, your membership will be good through November 30, 2011.

I didnt know it ran until the end of the month--so if I wait until after midway through Nov, is it extended until Dec (a 12.5 month membership) ?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by llippert
I joined on September 27, 2010, and my card says it expires on September 27, 2011.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by FXEpilot77
I joined on September 27, 2010, and my card says it expires on September 27, 2011.
That's weird since the ones through expiry 2010 only mention the month and year. There are no Admirals Club Cards (at least for ELITES) that have the DAY of the month.

They say EXACTLY:

EXPIRES: MONTH YEAR

eg
EXPIRES: DECEMBER 2010

The new ones, EXPIRING in 2011, may have been redesigned with actual DAY of expiration.

Last edited by wildaboutmovies; Nov 5, 2010 at 9:05 pm
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
I will not re-qualify for EXP, and my AC membership expires in Mar 2011. I'm hoping if I renew in Feb 2011 while I'm still EXP, I'll get the EXP discount the the 2011-2012 year. Does that seem accurate?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
There are no Admirals Club Cards (at least for ELITES) that have the DAY of the month.
I'm Platinum this year and have it with a day. With a lot of luck, I'll be EXP next year.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bcm0830
I will not re-qualify for EXP, and my AC membership expires in Mar 2011. I'm hoping if I renew in Feb 2011 while I'm still EXP, I'll get the EXP discount the the 2011-2012 year. Does that seem accurate?
Yes.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:57 pm
Suspended

I'm Platinum this year and have it with a day. With a lot of luck, I'll be EXP next year.
Did you receive card in 2009? Or 2010? Maybe ones distributed in 2010 and henceforth have the DAY, too.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
Did you receive card in 2009? Or 2010? Maybe ones distributed in 2010 and henceforth have the DAY, too.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:33 pm
Suspended

So that settles that. Must be all cards distributed from 2010 and forward have month, date, year of EXP. Guess I will wait until December 31, 2010 to renew mine since it expires in December 2010.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum (OW Sapphire), HHonors Diamond, National Executive Asile
Okay, I'm a pack-rat so I've saved all my previous AC cards. The one I'm currently using says, "Expires 11/30/2010". All the previous AC cards say they expire then it gives the month and year. Go figure?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.