Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue to join OneWorld? (speculation)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

JetBlue to join OneWorld? (speculation)

I heard from a credible source that JetBlue may join OneWorld Alliance. Of course, the first thing I did was check flyertalk threads. Has anyone in the industry heard this rumor? (And I am not trying to start one!)

Best,

PedroNY
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:50 pm

American and JetBlue have been increasingly cooperative, though I haven't heard anything about JetBlue joining OW.

For the partnership, see Crain's Article on AA and JetBlue's partnership for some JFK routes.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
American and JetBlue have been increasingly cooperative, though I haven't heard anything about JetBlue joining OW.

For the partnership, see Crain's Article on AA and JetBlue's partnership for some JFK routes.
And this from the AA website... looks like they are on trial and if things work out, perhaps? Yes? Someday?
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/jetblue....&title=jetblue
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
What about Lufthansa's 20% stake? For a while many predicted it would fold into Star Alliance, but I guess Star is getting crowded in the US with UA/CO and US. Personally, I think One World needs another US partner; hope it will be B6.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I heard from a credible source that JetBlue may join OneWorld Alliance. Of course, the first thing I did was check flyertalk threads. Has anyone in the industry heard this rumor? (And I am not trying to start one!)

Best,

PedroNY
For actual info, check this thread on another site.

Last edited by gemac; Nov 6, 2010 at 9:58 pm
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I heard from a credible source that JetBlue may join OneWorld Alliance. Of course, the first thing I did was check flyertalk threads.

So FT has more credibility than your source?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
that's kinda funny how an alliance that is made up of mostly 3 class airlines admits a one class carrier to its ranks.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by bniu
that's kinda funny how an alliance that is made up of mostly 3 class airlines admits a one class carrier to its ranks.
Jetblue has not joined OneWorld. It's conceivable that this could happen in the future, but it has not happened now. AA (and only AA) today announced mileage earning opportunities on certain B6 routes. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Jetblue has not joined OneWorld. It's conceivable that this could happen in the future, but it has not happened now. AA (and only AA) today announced mileage earning opportunities on certain B6 routes. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nor is it accurate to state oneworld "is made up of mostly 3 class airlines"--<redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 18, 2010 at 10:32 am Reason: redacted ad hominem
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Originally Posted by bniu
I see it no different than domestic "Business" class on IB, BA, AY. In the end all those domestic routes are just economy that you pay a huge premium for a $5 meal an no one sitting next to you. I suppose B6could do the same as them so they would have a domestic F with next to no investment.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:16 pm

It's not clear whether it counts EQM or EQS yet. If it's just the miles, it's not tempting at all to go for B6 unless you need B6 to route your AA trips. Could be the same as AS miles to AA, without any EQM or EQS.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
It's not clear whether it counts EQM or EQS yet. If it's just the miles, it's not tempting at all to go for B6 unless you need B6 to route your AA trips. Could be the same as AS miles to AA, without any EQM or EQS.
RDMs only.

And B6 isn't going to join OneWorld anytime soon. They're executing the AS playbook on the east coast and making a decent amount of coin doing so.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
The word elite doesn't appear anywhere on the AA Jetblue partner page, so it's clear to me that these are just RDMs. (In absence of AA saying miles are elite-qualifying, they aren't elite-qualifying.)
Old Nov 17, 2010, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The word elite doesn't appear anywhere on the AA Jetblue partner page, so it's clear to me that these are just RDMs. (In absence of AA saying miles are elite-qualifying, they aren't elite-qualifying.)
B6 also is not listed on the "how to qualify" elite page and even S7 has been added in there. That's another pretty strong indication that they are not going to be EQMs.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
B6 also is not listed on the "how to qualify" elite page and even S7 has been added in there. That's another pretty strong indication that they are not going to be EQMs.
or EQP's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.