Wiki Posts
Search

Making Elite status with the DEQM from STL/RDU/BNA/PIT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Making Elite status with the DEQM from STL/RDU/BNA/PIT

I know there is a thread announcing this new promotion but it seems to be getting into comparison of other programs and side topics and doesn't really address how best to obtain elite status on AA using this opportunity. It also appears that just using cpm isn't always the best value. For example, if I need 36,000 EQM then SIN or DEL would be a better value than PEK even though the cpm is more.

Perhaps a thread specifically for STL/RDU/BNA/PIT that concentrates on routing, fare, EQM/RDM, and associated costs would be helpful for those looking to meet elite status for 2010?

Here are 3 examples:

Route: PIT-DFW-ORD-PEK-ORD-DFW-PIT
Cost: $901
EQM: 33,800
RDM: 67,600
cpm: 2.7/1.3

Additional costs: Chinese Visa - Might need multiple entry
Note: All AA

Route: PIT-DFW-ORD-DEL-ORD-DFW-PIT
Cost: $1257
EQM: 37,416
RDM: 74,832
cpm: 3.4/1.7

Additional costs: Indian Visa - possibly only one entry every 2 months
Note: All AA

Route: RDU-DFW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DFW-RDU
Cost: $1343
EQM: 36,556
RDM: 66,512
cpm: 3.7/2.0

Additional costs: None.
Note: NRT-SIN not eligible for bonus but does have EQM/RDM if AA codeshare. No EVIP for NRT-SIN

* * * Moderators Note * * *

FAQ for this thread see post #997

Last edited by magic111; Oct 7, 2010 at 9:26 am
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
All those routings require overnight stays in DFW twice right?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazieman
All those routings require overnight stays in DFW twice right?
No, none of them require an overnight in DFW. There's other options also such as via JFK. I believe they all have 3/4 night min stay and therefore not really a mileage run but a method to attain status.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tkelvin69

Route: RDU-DFW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DFW-RDU
Cost: $1343
EQM: 36,556
RDM: 66,512
cpm: 3.7/2.0

Additional costs: None.
Note: NRT-SIN not eligible for bonus but does have EQM/RDM if AA codeshare. No EVIP for NRT-SIN
What dates for this? I actually may need to do this for work but was finding little availability and almost $4000 tickets. I hate that NRT-SIN is not upgradable.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
No, none of them require an overnight in DFW. There's other options also such as via JFK. I believe they all have 3/4 night min stay and therefore not really a mileage run but a method to attain status.
You can nest another R/T inside the 3-4 day min stay and return to the US to extend the run. Some examples I found last night - all are roughly five day total MRs:

PIT-ORD-PEK-ORD-LAS-ORD-PEK-DFW-PIT ~$2,050
PIT-ORD-PEK-ORD-SEA-RDU-SEA-ORD-PEK-DFW-PIT ~$2,400
STL-DFW-ORD-DEL-ORD-DFW-HNL-DFW-ORD-DEL-ORD-DFW-STL ~$2,800

I was searching mostly in November.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by vxmike
You can nest another R/T inside the 3-4 day min stay and return to the US to extend the run. Some examples I found last night - all are roughly five day total MRs:

That last one is what im interested in, but stay in delhi if I could both time, without the hassle of the re entry guidlines. Maybe a PEK instead of one of the DEL could be around the same price? Ill look.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by chanp
That last one is what im interested in, but stay in delhi if I could both time, without the hassle of the re entry guidlines. Maybe a PEK instead of one of the DEL could be around the same price? Ill look.
I think you can stay in Delhi up to three days on a transit visa if I what I read is correct.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vxmike

Good options, thanks. How sure are you it will qualify for the double EQMs? I was thinking I could do a similar routing starting in PIT that would include a stopover in SEA (my home city) on the nested SIN trip

This would cost about the same but have more flexibility and lets me come back to SEA.

I'm searching mostly Oct/Nov
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:12 pm

Good options, thanks. How sure are you it will qualify for the double EQMs? I was thinking I could do a similar routing starting in PIT that would include a stopover in SEA (my home city) on the nested SIN trip

This would cost about the same but have more flexibility and lets me come back to SEA.

I'm searching mostly Oct/Nov
99%+ as long as everything in on the same PNR. Routing it through home would be nice indeed.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by chanp
Holy smokes. That is 41,808 EQM x2?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
No, the doubling is already worked in I think.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by envgeo
Holy smokes. That is 41,808 EQM x2?
Never mind the 83616 EQM, thats 167,232 RDM for $2,800!!!!

Now you have my attention, I can make EXP and enough miles for a first class award LHR-SYD r/t for $2,800.........

How can you quote up more than 6 flights on AA.com? I can never do more than this on the multi-city tab.

And how am I going to get to STL from LHR (my problem)
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by Jeffers8

Now you have my attention, I can make EXP and enough miles for a first class award LHR-SYD r/t for $2,800.........

How can you quote up more than 6 flights on AA.com? I can never do more than this on the multi-city tab.

Now the question is when/how I can squeeze in a week from the family and work without anyone knowing.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffers8

I've never found a way to input more than 6 flights on AA. One commonly used method is to put non-hubs for your city pairs and force AA to give the connection, but this doesn't work if you need to force a different connection than the logical one for MR purposes or for ultra-long/complex routes. I actually had to terminate an idea earlier because there was absolutely no way to get a price quote let alone ticket it with just six flights on multi-city search.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by envgeo
Now the question is when/how I can squeeze in a week from the family and work without anyone knowing.
You and me both. Has to be the insane MR of the year for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.