Search

BOS-SFO/AUA/STT/PLS gone; DFW-BGI added

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, Delta
BOS-SFO/AUA/STT/PLS gone; DFW-BGI added

Original post title: AA BOS>>SFO NonStop Service Discontinued 11/2010

Just heard that AA is stopping nonstop service to SFO from BOS, effective 11/18/2010.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 26, 2010 at 6:39 am Reason: insert original post title after merge
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:03 pm
SK

BOS-SFO discontinued?? That's sad and absurd .
MAH4546 mentioned it, so I'll have to accept it's true. But I really find it difficult to believe that AA will be stooping that low.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I see still see it going on the 19th. 2x/day
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:14 pm

Yes, well wait til Monday morning and try to book that again.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by JumboD
<redacted>

Oh, and welcome to FT
Nice welcome to FT.

If MAH4546 has mentioned it, and it's posted here, then I'd bet that it's true.

I consider those very credible sources. Much more so than the fact that something is still bookable, considering the new schedule that loads this weekend isn't in the system yet.

Last edited by miamigrad; Jun 25, 2010 at 9:20 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<redacted>

AA loads schedule changes over the weekend, so we'll see the flight removed on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 25, 2010 at 9:52 pm Reason: redacted deleted post in reply

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by chanp
I see still see it going on the 19th. 2x/day
Yup, checking random days in December I found 2x on weekdays, 1x on Saturdays (didn't check Sundays). If this is to be a Flyertalk debut, perhaps there could be some credible evidence cited...

I think it's plausible in the future, as AA makes no efforts to increase its Bay presence and concentrates its East Coast muscle on its increasingly fortress-like hub at JFK. However you'd better have a track record of supplying credible information if I'm to believe the route is cancelled as of a certain date but am still able to book it now...
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:17 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JumboD
Yup, checking random days in December I found 2x on weekdays, 1x on Saturdays (didn't check Sundays). If this is to be a Flyertalk debut, perhaps there could be some credible evidence cited...

I think it's plausible in the future, as AA makes no efforts to increase its Bay presence and concentrates its East Coast muscle on its increasingly fortress-like hub at JFK. However you'd better have a track record of supplying credible information if I'm to believe the route is cancelled as of a certain date but am still able to book it now...
Dude - the flight is gone. really.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by TedinNH
Just heard that AA is stopping nonstop service to SFO from BOS, effective 11/18/2010.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, TedinNH! Thank you for posting this news, as sad as it is.

For the naysayers, airlines typically load schedule changes on the weekends. What you see today doesn't mean it will be there on Monday. And since MAH4546 is also reporting the cancellation, I'd say it is a done deal. I guess no more triple mile bonuses.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, Delta
@JumboD -- gee, feel real welcome! My corp travel dept. notified me, AA confirmed it on phone and AA cust serv sent me an email saying they chose to "withdraw from those cities where we cannot earn a reasonable return. Such was the situation with this non-stop service. Regrettably, those direct flights haven't been profitable for some time, and we could no longer sustain the losses" ... <redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 25, 2010 at 9:52 pm Reason: redacted unnecessary reply to deleted post
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:23 pm

<redacted>

Airlines load their changes into OAG on Thursday nights. AA does their schedule changes on Saturday night.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 25, 2010 at 9:53 pm Reason: redacted reply to deleted post
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:39 pm

Not suprised.
It is BOS, part of the AA major BOS reductions over the past few years
It is not a BOS to HUB route
It is now also a B6 and VX route (use to be only AA/UA)
Does not want to face new United on a non hub route
I thought it would have gone to a 738 route by now as LAX has recently

Look for BOS-LHR elimnation or reductions
Look for elimination of seasonal BOS-CDG
Potential reduction on BOS-LAX
Reductions or elimation of BOS-SJU (as B6 now goes there)
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
American Airlines will end Boston-San Francisco on November 17th and not re-start seasonal Boston-Aruba nor Boston-St. Thomas service this winter (Source: Airliners.net Civil Aviation/MAH4546) ...

Another poster on the site said AA is going to restart DFW-PLS and begin DFW-BGI. Also on the 18th?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi, TedinNH. Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I updated the Wikipedia page for BOS/SFO et al accordingly. How long til a troll decides to take away the [end November 17] part? :-p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.