Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do 99.99% of AA FAs Dress Like A Mess?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Why do 99.99% of AA FAs Dress Like A Mess?

Why is it that the FAs on AA are so poorly dressed. Sometimes if it wasn't for the fact that they have ID cards hanging around their neck you wouldn't even know if they were AA employees at all - on the ground and in the air! Not to mention the appalling ties on parade.

Just a tad unprofessional methinks.

Any opinions on this?

PS - don't mean to sound like a nob, I like AA (a lot) but I wish they would up some standards.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by UKAAFAN
Why is it that the FAs on AA are so poorly dressed. Sometimes if it wasn't for the fact that they have ID cards hanging around their neck you wouldn't even know if they were AA employees at all - on the ground and in the air! Not to mention the appalling ties on parade
I don't think you've supported your assertion that F/A's are poorly dressed just from what you wrote here.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
What in the world kind of data is there to support such a claim? I think most are well dressed and look nice.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I was going to make some edgy comment regarding age and weight, but in the spirit of the season id like to say that I find 99.9% of aa's fas completely professional and appropriate.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, 2MM
I haven't noticed the FAs being poorly dressed, either. I think most look very nice.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 7:02 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Deleted.

Last edited by brp; Dec 12, 2009 at 7:27 pm
Old Dec 12, 2009, 8:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...um-cabins.html
Old Dec 12, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
At this time of year, a lot of AA FAs wear festive items of apparel, I've seen (amongst others) snowmen aprons, santa cardigans and a wide variety of holiday-themed ties. I happen to think this lends an air of jollity to the cabin and in no way detracts from flight service or safety. I find the vast majority of FAs to be very well turned out given the limitations of designing uniforms to fit a range of body types.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 9:16 pm

Why Do Premium Class PAX's Dress Such A Mess?

T-Shirts with the following sayings I've observed in F/C EUR-US this past week:

"I'm not a Dr., But, I'll take a look anyway."

"Dubai Is Getting Way Cooler." ?????

Standards of Apparel.....hum. Double Standards?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by photodave
At this time of year, a lot of AA FAs wear festive items of apparel, I've seen (amongst others) snowmen aprons, santa cardigans and a wide variety of holiday-themed ties. I happen to think this lends an air of jollity to the cabin and in no way detracts from flight service or safety. I find the vast majority of FAs to be very well turned out given the limitations of designing uniforms to fit a range of body types.

I've seen several AA employees recently decked out in holiday apparel, slightly modifying their standard uniforms - a tie, sweater, etc. It's fine with me....after all, many of them have to work through the holidays to serve us instead of being at home with their families! Whatever can bring them some cheer, they should have.

I also think that AA is very generous in providing so many different uniform combinations/options for female FAs....it seems like there are almost 6 different kinds I've seen! Dresses, skirts, slacks, sweaters, etc.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Look, in my own little world, uniforms make people look professional.

As I have said before, there does not seem to be ant sort of uniform on AA, only a bit of this and a bit of that.

For AA's sake, I feel as though the airline needs to tidy up a bit - in the world's eyes, could do a lot of good for the airline.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:42 am

Could you be a little more specific on a" bit of this and a bit of that"?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skylady
Could you be a little more specific on a" bit of this and a bit of that"?
I don't feel as though I need to be specific, as the AA FA uniform isn't specific in itself. Every FA seems to dress as they want.

Don't you agree?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:31 am

Not at all. There is a specific uniform, with a few choices. Doesn't make one messy, just because one wears a skirt, while the other wears a dress, and one more wears slacks. Messy would be more along the lines of an FA not wearing the allotted items properly, ie, askew.

I think where you are confusing us, is that you are making some sort of claim, with no supporting evidence. 99.99%? Some are wearing purple sarongs, and others are wearing black turtlenecks?

Last edited by skylady; Dec 13, 2009 at 1:43 am Reason: addendum
Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emma dog
I was going to make some edgy comment regarding age and weight, but in the spirit of the season id like to say that I find 99.9% of aa's fas completely professional and appropriate.
I have to admit I was thinking the same and I will do the same: AA FA's are great ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.