Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Vote for an aa road warrior - post here - you could be a winner too!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

MESSAGE FROM MODS - After discussion among the forum moderators along with requested input from other forums AND THE administration we are reopening this thread. Not only are we reopening this thread we are going to make the thread very interesting for those who might post in this thread. See the following post

Fellow FlyerTalkers...

VOTE FOR JUSTIN FORER – 2009 AMERICAN WAY ROAD WARRIOR
I have been selected as a finalist in the 2009 Road Warrior contest by American Way magazine, the official magazine of American Airlines. As we all know in the world of Flyer Talkers, this is the equivalent of the Oscars, Grammys and Golden Globes all rolled into one… but instead of being interviewed by Joan Rivers on the red carpet asking who designed our fancy clothes, we get interrogated by the TSA in the security line without even being able to wear shoes.

https://aw.aapsecure.com/surveys/tab...4/Default.aspx

I NEED YOUR VOTE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE – ONE MILLION AA MILES
Just to be selected as a finalist from the thousands of entrants, I had to explain why I spend a ridiculous amount of time travelling around the globe for work and for fun, showcase my knowledge of travel related trivia and compile a personal essay about my dream trip… incorporating the titles of every song from my favorite album, The Roots - Things Fall Apart, into the words of the essay (If only my college applications were this much fun). The top five entries have all been posted online and whoever gets the most votes wins the grand prize.

YOU CAN WIN 200,000 HILTON HOTEL POINTS BY VOTING FOR ME
Yes… just by logging into the site and voting for me, you will be automatically entered to win 200,000 Hilton hotel points. Just imagine how many free hotel nights with room service and little chocolate mints on your pillow that would get you.

GET EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE FOR ME BEFORE NOVEMBER 15th
You can forward this link to everyone in your address book, put it on your Facebook page, Twitter it to your friends, send it to your older relatives via telegram, send it to your even older relatives via carrier pigeon and even go shout it out to random strangers on the street… VOTE JUSTIN FORER as 2009 American Way Road Warrior.

I know everyone on Flyer Talk is busy figuring out mileage runs or planning their next mattress run, so I appreciate you taking a few minutes out of your day to vote for me. Thanks...
-the jrock

Last edited by magic111; Oct 19, 2009 at 3:38 pm Reason: adding mod message
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
After winning the 6th grade election for president there is nothing I like more than stuffing the ballot box.

In addition even though I do not drink it is enjoyable to read the Tresure Hunt started by blumie

Yes, this thread may be off topic for the forum but if you post in it that you have voted (it does not have to be for Justin) you will be automatically entered into a drawing for two SWU's donated by myself.

You can also post claiming you do not want to vote. Or saying you entered the contest and can't understand why the judges at American Way did not select you. As long as you stay on topic (Road Warrior) the post will remain. Or if you are a FlyerTalker who also is a finalist you can post and solict votes the same as thejrock has.

Now I had to do a little arm-twisting to make this happen with the other mods, so be good as they might twist my neck if I've created extra work for them.

These be the rules - subject to change
  • You must post in this thread to be eligible to win the SWU's
  • The SWU's are for personal use
  • The SWU's must be used prior 2/28/10
  • Only members who were registered prior to 10/18/09 are eligible to win the SWU's
  • If you can't use them you may gift them to somebody else who also posted in this thread and can use them for personal use as long as they were registered prior to 10/18/09
  • The deadline for posting in this thread to win the SWU's is the same as the deadline for having voting & having an opportunity to win 200k hhonors pts in the American Way Road Warrior contest.

Have fun.

Last edited by magic111; Oct 19, 2009 at 3:37 pm Reason: last minute changes prior to re-opening thread
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, US, SPG, Hilton, Avis
Voted...

Originally Posted by magic111
there is nothing I like more than stuffing the ballot box.
+1
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA: EXP SPG:PLT HH: Diamond
Voted!

Justin ^
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:50 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
^ Very cool side "promo!"

I've voted - pretty simple form on the side bar. Good luck warriors and voters!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I voted. Good luck to all five warriors in waiting!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
voted

Thanks, magic111, for making this interesting to the FT community

Good luck to all.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
I voted too!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Just voted.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
A message from Kanye West:

This is baloney! What a joke!

Everybody knows that Dallas49er is the best Road Warrior, but he's not even in the final 5. This is outrageous! Day in, day out, shoes off, shoes on, airplane on, airplane off. 2009 his best work ever! But not even a mention.

This is bogus and the fix is in. Write in Dallas49er! Do the right thing! Stick it to the man!

(Posted with tongue firmly in cheek.......but about that write in option..... )

P.S. I voted (secret ballot).
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:31 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A vote from me too.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH
Two votes in for you Justin (daughter and I). Good luck!!! ^^^
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Voted but not for Justin

I don't think of any of these people as true road warriors so I guess that makes my vote a vote to be thrown into the pool of voters
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Best of Luck! How many EQM will you score in this road warrior year?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: EXP AA.
Great Entry Justin, you got my vote.

Cheers Larry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.