Community
Wiki Posts
Search

get together

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Count me in.

Perhaps Dawn Gilbertson of the AZ Republic would like to join us?

Tempe might be a good spot for those of us flying home on Fridays. Also I go out of my way to support Tempe establishments because they are
^ no smoking!

1 vote here for Rula Bula
Old Sep 16, 2005, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'll be in Brazil until the beginning of October. After that I'm interested until the end of October (Peru).
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Sounds like at least 1/2 of interested parties are out next weekend. Perhaps I should just pick a weekend day next month. Are Friday's or Saturday's in general better for anyone? Makes no difference for me unless I'm traveling on a Friday.

Ian
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I usually travel back on thursdays. Of course I'm sure I just jinxed myself and will now travel every friday for a while. I'll be back the 29th of Sept but obviously that friday I'll not be in the mood for Happy Hour..just sleep. Any Friday after that should work.

Lance
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Given that this is largely a group of travelers, coming up with a day that works for everybody would be something nearly impossible.

For me, the best time is Friday after working hours. Looking at my calendar, I have no weekend travel planned at all for October as things stand now.

Mark
Old Sep 16, 2005, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Saturday afternoon or evenings work the best for me. I'll be gone on the 1st of Oct, but will be in town until almost the end of the month.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:04 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I'll be in SJU next Fri, for an FT gettogether

On a side note- some of us have tried to plan these on and off for yrs

The only two well attended ones were :

1. Feb 2002 - the draw that time was that B747 was to be in town - till the INS stopped that from happening- 17 attendees though

2. Last month when VJ did a MR seminar - there were about 26 or 27 of us there
Old Feb 24, 2006, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Has anyone on this board ever try to organize some type of get together? I couldn't think of something more interesting and most definitely entertaining then getting a bunch of us at a happy hour discussing HP/US, etc.

I'm game and will gladly organize something if anyone is at all interested.

Thought I'd ressurect this. Anyone want to put a saturday night date on the calendar? Seriously, after conversing with all you folks for so long it would be nice to put a face with a font
Old Feb 24, 2006, 7:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm usually around so if you guys can tolerate an undergraduate college student (who is a US Gold though) I'd love to join.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm usually around so if you guys can tolerate an undergraduate college student (who is a US Gold though) I'd love to join.
I'm also an undergrad. I'd be glad to meet some of the frequent posters of the HP forum, even though I don't post in this forum as much as I should be. That and I've always wondered who has been behind the insighful and funny posts.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How is next Saturday the 4th looking like? If anything, let's meet for happy hour somewhere central for everyone?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:07 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
I'll have to take a rain check Working in MEX on saturday, transiting PHX on Sunday.

Report back and get pics
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by enviroian
How is next Saturday the 4th looking like? If anything, let's meet for happy hour somewhere central for everyone?
I will be in Hawaii on the $93 NWA fare this weekend, but would love to meet y'all some other time.

Can we schedule it for March 18 or 19? I am tied up on the east coast until then.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I will be in Hawaii on the $93 NWA fare this weekend, but would love to meet y'all some other time.

Can we schedule it for March 18 or 19? I am tied up on the east coast until then.
I'll also be in Hawaii on the $93 NWA fare. Most other March dates look good right now.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:58 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
I'll also be in Hawaii on the $93 NWA fare. Most other March dates look good right now.
Are your crediting to HP or NWA? I was going to credit to HP for EQMs, but NWA is giving me 2500 bonus RDMs and I need slome SkyTeam EQMs anyway

See you on the plane and in Phoenix. I will hopefully have my FT luggage tags on my bag as I take my exit row seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.