Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2005, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Priority Pass Questions

I know that a few on this board are fans of this and have the Priority Pass. I heard about it right after joining HP Clubs last year and now that my HP membership has expired I am wishing to make the change.

In light of the changes in HP/US would those who have this still suggest it?

How long does it take to receive the card?

If I do it today and will be traveling this week is there a way to use it or must I wait for the actual card?

Any downside or issues I should consider before going for it?

Anyone else looking to join who would want to try to get the reduced rate (I know this was mentioned once before, so thought I would see if there is any interest)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Jennifer

Last edited by JenniferNAz; Jul 24, 2005 at 2:18 pm Reason: add another question
Old Jul 24, 2005, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I use the UK Priority Pass ( free with the UK Amex Plat but NOT with the US Amex) and I like being able to use it at the HP Clubs at LAS/PHX etc. My card took a couple of weeks from first sending the form in- now it comes just before the renewal date.

I doubt the realtionship will change with the HP/US merger ( but might be too early to tell).

I would phone Priority Pass up and see if they could expedite the delivery. In all the clubs I have been too they have put the card into a card reader and swiped it ( effectively the old fashioned credit card charge paper slip which puts the details on the charge slip and then you sign it.) I would think you would need the card for access otherwise you could have to pay the daily fee.

I thought the reduced rate was that you had to pay for each use ( with the higher fee rate you get unlimited access).

Do you have any other lounge access programmes ( ie US?)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 24, 2005, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I know that a few on this board are fans of this and have the Priority Pass. I heard about it right after joining HP Clubs last year and now that my HP membership has expired I am wishing to make the change.

In light of the changes in HP/US would those who have this still suggest it?

How long does it take to receive the card?

If I do it today and will be traveling this week is there a way to use it or must I wait for the actual card?

Any downside or issues I should consider before going for it?

Anyone else looking to join who would want to try to get the reduced rate (I know this was mentioned once before, so thought I would see if there is any interest)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Jennifer
many, though not all US clubs belong to PP.

yes, you definitely need card in hand to use it. they take an imprint at every club.

the nicest part of PP is that with its 3 membership levels you can tailor the cost to your anticipated level of usage.

there are also several ways to get PP at further discount, via membership in places like IAPA or joesentme, etc.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by martin33
many, though not all US clubs belong to PP.

yes, you definitely need card in hand to use it. they take an imprint at every club.

the nicest part of PP is that with its 3 membership levels you can tailor the cost to your anticipated level of usage.

there are also several ways to get PP at further discount, via membership in places like IAPA or joesentme, etc.
Could you elaborate on the ways to get discounts on PP? You can PM me if you prefer. I haven't been able to find a thread on this. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Memberships are 20% off right now at www.PriorityPass.com.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vegasflyer
Memberships are 20% off right now at www.PriorityPass.com.

Where are you seeing the 20% off? Earlier today I was trying to look at the site and no pricing info would come up. Now it does, but it is the same as it has been every other time I have looked.

I would love to save 20%, please let me know where you are seeing this!

Thanks

Jennifer
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martin33

I would like to know more about this also.

I do know that if you have 5 or more people you can get a discount, but not sure of what martin33 is refering to.

Jennifer
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:40 pm

Try this link: www.prioritypass.com/usatd.asp If it does not automatically take you there, you should be able to connect via a link. If this does not work, use invitation code: INF0110TD on the application. It comes up both ways for me. Good luck.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vegasflyer
Try this link: www.prioritypass.com/usatd.asp If it does not automatically take you there, you should be able to connect via a link. If this does not work, use invitation code: INF0110TD on the application. It comes up both ways for me. Good luck.

Thanks! It looks like it gives the discount for the lower and the upper option, but not the middle. With this discount it is making the upper options look better.

Thanks so much, you just saved me $80!

Jennifer
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:31 am

You are welcome. Its about time I had something to offer this forum after all I have benefited from it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.