Ugly Interiors

Subscribe
I've flown on Americawest and noticed some of the ugliest interiors and dirtest/scuffed up a/c.

Has anyone else noticed the poor condition of the a/c interiors recently?
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Has anyone else noticed the poor condition of the a/c interiors recently?</font>
It's kinda hard tto crawl up into those little vents
Radiocycle, what route did you fly, and what type of aircraft were you in??

HP has a number of nice, new Air Busses, as well as some older 737s and 757s. My hunch, based on little info and supported by laziness of not wanting to check is that the 737s are mostly used on the gravy runs: PHX/LAS to Southern CA and places like ABQ/SLC/ELP (say, flights of under an hour), while the 757s and newer Airbusses are being used on the longer routes.
All of the '37's and some of the 57's are pretty nasty inside. I try to stick with the busses as they're all newer.
Yesterday, they were a nice improvement after sitting in the Las Vegas airport for 4 hours. A very deary place with those machines collecting all that money!

They are very considerate to not have many Airline lounges, so you arre captive to play those machines and buy their drinks.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
They are very considerate to not have many Airline lounges, so you arre captive to play those machines and buy their drinks.</font>
AW has a club it's just on the wrong side of security which completely defeats it's purpose
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyinMike:
All of the '37's and some of the 57's are pretty nasty inside. I try to stick with the busses as they're all newer.</font>
Is there any plans (announced by HP) to renovate the old 737 interiors.

They are really awful!
In 2000 I was aboard an HP 733 (N315AW)that wasn't even equipped with overhead air vents. Just a blank panel where the vents would normally be. I've never seen that on any other airline. Now that is a cheap interior. Daze
Lets face it America West cuts corners.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyinMike:
All of the '37's and some of the 57's are pretty nasty inside. I try to stick with the busses as they're all newer.</font>
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Radiocycle:
Is there any plans (announced by HP) to renovate the old 737 interiors.</font>
HP's fleet of Boeing airplanes will shortly be either LB or retired.

They're moving toward an all-Airbus fleet, with A318s, A319s and A320s. Maybe they'll acquire some of US's A321s!

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 10-30-2002).]
The 737-200's will be leaving soon. Then the 737-300's. Renovations are a waste of money, most 737 flights are on less important markets. The 757's will probably be gone in a few years.

The 737's will be replaced with a combination of CRJ900's and A319's. No plans for the 318's as far as I know. The 757's will go A321's.

The fleet will be 319/320/321... great for the airline, single pilot scheduling/pay/type ratings.

-Sean
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iwareboy:
No plans for the 318's as far as I know</font>
There's an order on the books for the A318.
One problem I noticed in the design of aircraft is that since the entry door is up front coach passengers must travel through the FC section.

I always thought it would be better to have the entrance behind FC(aka 757) so that coach flyers dont scuff up the seating with their luggage.

Also Im a big proponent of making people check their bags instead of allowing them to bring their damm roller-luggage onboard. That's why the seating ends up scuffed.

People these days are so low class.
According to the HP website, there are still 39 737-300s and 10 200s in the fleet. I don't know how aggressive their fleet overhaul is, but it seems 737s will be around for some time to come.
EIPremier,

Virtually all of HP's 737s are leased... they'll be retired as their leases expire. They'll probably be around late into the decade.