Wiki Posts
Search

ANA blocking EVA awards?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P
ANA blocking EVA awards?

I found that both United.com and Aeroplan.com have many TPE-JFK business award seats at the end of August, but ANA call center and website do not show these seats.

When will ANA release these EVA seats for award booking using ANA miles? Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kgkg
I found that both United.com and Aeroplan.com have many TPE-JFK business award seats at the end of August, but ANA call center and website do not show these seats.

When will ANA release these EVA seats for award booking using ANA miles? Thanks!
Most likely phantom availability on UA and AC. Try to call them and test of their call centre can see the same.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'll help out here since I directed OP to this forum from *A forum.

AC and UA show the space which means it likely exists. NH call center says they can't see it. Is there a way to get NH to book it (e.g., a long sell)?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'll help out here since I directed OP to this forum from *A forum.

AC and UA show the space which means it likely exists. NH call center says they can't see it. Is there a way to get NH to book it (e.g., a long sell)?
It is not uncommon to have phantom award space online, even on more than one booking engine. There can also be a different availability carrier by carrier, e.g. if you check with elite status on AC/UA. Which is why I suggested to call AC or UA to check that the availability is actually there.

Try a second time with NH, or a different call centre. (you may already have been through the HUCA gamw) There is of course the possibility that the agent in question was in error. And that the space should be visible.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not uncommon to have phantom award space online, even on more than one booking engine.
​​​​​​
AC is not known for phantom availability.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
OP, I just booked an BR RT J flight out of HKG-IAH-LAX-HKG 2 weeks ago. I even changed the reservation an few dates on all 4 legs. NH didn't hvae the space on the web but when I called in they told me to incorrectly book it than they will change it at no cost. Otherwise there will be an $25 booking fee.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
OP, I just booked an BR RT J flight out of HKG-IAH-LAX-HKG 2 weeks ago. I even changed the reservation an few dates on all 4 legs. NH didn't hvae the space on the web but when I called in they told me to incorrectly book it than they will change it at no cost. Otherwise there will be an $25 booking fee.
In this case the NH call centre also could not see the seats....
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:18 pm

In this case the NH call centre also could not see the seats....
USA Call center or the Call center in Japan?

Christina is the best agent in the U.S. the rest have been YMMV. I've HUACA before against NH agents in the US
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

USA Call center or the Call center in Japan?

Christina is the best agent in the U.S. the rest have been YMMV. I've HUACA before against NH agents in the US
I did suggest to try differrent call centers or HUCA which is indeed usually the first....
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:44 am

I did suggest to try differrent call centers or HUCA which is indeed usually the first....
Sorry I was confused for an sec that you were OP. Nvm.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry I was confused for an sec that you were OP. Nvm.
No problem
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P
Thanks, all. I do find some call center agents are very rude, while others are much nicer and more helpful. I will call them again to check the EVA awards. Thanks again!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by kgkg

Yes, that is because ANA does not allow award booking of premium class on EVA flights.

The same is true of premium class on the following SQ aircraft - A350-900, A380-800, B777-200ER (retrofitted) and B777-300ER.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../tk/usage.html
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:08 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by arfaczar
Yes, that is because ANA does not allow award booking of premium class on EVA flights.

The same is true of premium class on the following SQ aircraft - A350-900, A380-800, B777-200ER (retrofitted) and B777-300ER.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../tk/usage.html
ANA does not allow booking of EVA's Elite Class, which is a premium economy product. Other classes are fine.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
I found J award space by ANA miles on

BR032 TPE-JFK 06June2018
BR031 JFK-TPE 12June2018

95000 miles + 14100JPY

So, not completely blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.