Wiki Posts
Search

Gamble on J waitlist or book another award

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Marriott Plat/Gold
Gamble on J waitlist or book another award

I'm moving to Korea and I planned on using MR -> ANA miles to book Was->Sel in J since it's a pretty fantastic deal.

Another option is to go Was->NRT with miles and then book the NRT/HND->ICN/GMP with cash. The price would probably come out similar since the fees I saw were about $300 straight to Seoul.

Welp, I just checked again and it seems that it's not showing any availability on the ANA site, but I do see it on United.

I've never booked an ANA award before. If I find an eligible itinerary that's not on the website, do I just call?

I've heard mixed things about being on the waitlist, should I gamble?

Alternatives are to just book an award using airline, economy flight, or cash.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by elliott44k
Welp, I just checked again and it seems that it's not showing any availability on the ANA site, but I do see it on United.

I've never booked an ANA award before. If I find an eligible itinerary that's not on the website, do I just call?
Please share what you found. Date, route, flight numbers, number of seats you saw available.

By the way, are you moving solo or whole family with kids etc.?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Marriott Plat/Gold
I'm flying solo, trying to go WAS -> SEL or TYO and I can pay for the TYO->SEL route with the fee difference.

Saw some availability from JFK -> ICN on Asiana

Leaving 3/28 - 4/1
Returning 12/18, finding return flights was easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.