Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival lounge access at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Arrival lounge access at IAD

Will be arriving from NRT at IAD and then having to do a long drive. A shower would be nice before that. Does anyone know if any of the *A lounges at IAD will allow arrival access for a C class ANA passenger who also holds *A Gold?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:39 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
i dont believe there any arrival lounges @ IAD.

when you arrive on a intl flight @IAD, you will be taken in a bus to the immigration/customs area. Once you clear customs, you are on the ground side and there are no lounges on the ground side @ IAD.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:19 pm

Customs for terminating pax drops you out (almost) literally on the street at IAD. There are nearby hotels that may offer a reasonable day rate if you really need a stop.

As a side note, there are few showers even for departing pax -- none of the UA lounges have showers, and the LH/TK lounges have maybe 1 or 2.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by afrozenfyre
As a side note, there are few showers even for departing pax -- none of the UA lounges have showers, and the LH/TK lounges have maybe 1 or 2.
TK has one. I believe LH only has one as well.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by afrozenfyre
Customs for terminating pax drops you out (almost) literally on the street at IAD. There are nearby hotels that may offer a reasonable day rate if you really need a stop.

Thanks for the tip. Any recommendations for hotels with day rates at IAD? Doesn't need to be five star, as we are just looking for a quick shower and nap before commencing a four hour drive.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:00 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Holiday Inn used to offer a day rate (I had a friend stay there several months back) that is fairly decent and used to offer a very decent day use rate (about $60). it is not published on-line but you should call them directly with specific dates. Based on availability, they should be able to accommodate you.

Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Intl Airport
45425 Holiday Drive
Sterling, Virginia

1 703 4717411
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Alternatively, if you don't need a nap, cheapest shower option would be the Herndon Community Center (38.9714942,-77.3957839). 10 minute drive from Dulles.

Shower, pool, gym. Access fee $7.50/adult

No towel service though although I think there is liquid soap and paper towels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.